Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Cute Stories
Squash math

Rutabaga

Post Fri, Jan 04 2013, 12:07 am
DD (age 4.5) has a love/hate relationship with butternut squash. Sometimes she gobbles it up and sometimes she won't touch it. I roasted a whole squash cut into slices for last Friday night, but DD ended up going to her grandparents at the last minute. When I served shabbos leftovers for supper this week, I cut her slices of squash into smaller pieces. Then I started asking her, "If you have 10 pieces of squash and you eat 2, how many pieces will you have left?" Of course, she quickly ate 2 pieces. So I continued until she ate all her squash. She kept asking for more so she could do more squash math. Smile

Of course, I thought I was on to something, so I tried to get her to do chicken math. That didn't work so well.

chani8

Post Fri, Jan 04 2013, 6:12 am
Very cute, and clever mothering!!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics