Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping
Brooks brother shirts

smmsm

Post Sun, Dec 30 2012, 2:47 pm
Anyone have them? Are you happy with them? Do they last longer and stay in better condition than other shirts? Is it worth the money? Any of your husbands wear them?

amother

Post Sun, Dec 30 2012, 4:13 pm
DH and DS wear them, that is what they like.

mom2dkay

Post Sun, Dec 30 2012, 4:16 pm
My dh had two for a while, that he liked, but they didn't wear well. I'm not sure if its a certain type or style, but the collar and cuffs frayed. Anyone had that?

MaBelleVie

Post Sun, Dec 30 2012, 4:17 pm
My dh says they're a ripoff, and he likes other shirts better anyway.

mommish613

Post Sun, Dec 30 2012, 4:19 pm
If you can get them on sale they are worth it. Wash well, stays crisp and had a better fit than others we've tried (for DS only)

imanewmom2010

Post Sun, Dec 30 2012, 4:32 pm
My husband got 8 of them in woodbury, iron free. They looked amazing for about 4-5 months then started fraying. He says that he thinks ones from the actual store maybe better (not sure why outlet would be any different) u can check out jos. A bank husband has them now and they r holding out better (also iron free) u can get a good sale for around $33/ shirt.

imanewmom2010

Post Sun, Dec 30 2012, 4:34 pm
Oh, we also once ordered from off fifth when they had a sale (also iron free) but gave to my brow in law bec didn't fit, I don't know how they r doing but u can check them out as well

MaBelleVie

Post Sun, Dec 30 2012, 4:38 pm
imanewmom2010 wrote:
My husband got 8 of them in woodbury, iron free. They looked amazing for about 4-5 months then started fraying. He says that he thinks ones from the actual store maybe better (not sure why outlet would be any different) u can check out jos. A bank husband has them now and they r holding out better (also iron free) u can get a good sale for around $33/ shirt.

The fraying is a common problem with all their shirts.

bookie

Post Sun, Dec 30 2012, 5:25 pm
It's so interesting that you are all commenting on the fraying issue. My dh bought them for a long time and noticed that they were starting to fray pretty often. Now he is very happy with charles Thyrwit(?is that how you spell it) shirts

mommy of boys

Post Sun, Dec 30 2012, 6:02 pm
My dh has jos A banks and he has no complaints but I like his Paul Frederick ones better.
They're both iron free and were about $30 something each on sale.

smmsm

Post Sun, Dec 30 2012, 6:10 pm
Wow- I was seriously about to get them but with all these negative comments I definately will be thinking twice before making my decision. So can anyone reccomend good quality shirts that dont need ironing and will last more than a year. Thank you! (I'd appreciate if u can post links)

mha3484

Post Sun, Dec 30 2012, 6:38 pm
My father does most of his shopping there. He says they are more flattering to his body type ie shorter and heavier.

granolamom

Post Sun, Dec 30 2012, 7:08 pm
mha3484 wrote:
My father does most of his shopping there. He says they are more flattering to his body type ie shorter and heavier.

that is so interesting. I buy BB shirts for my 11 yo ds because they are the only shirts that fit him well; he is tall and skinny with long arms.
DH buys some BB shirts from ebay, he likes them ok, but they are not his favorite.
and yes, we also have the fraying issue at the cuff. havent noticed it at the collar.

I only buy them on sale, they just had a 40% off + additional 15% off online orders on their shirts.

Deborah1

Post Sun, Dec 30 2012, 7:09 pm
My DH is very particular about his shirts. He has his shirts made at Brooks Brothers. the price of the shirts depend on the fabric one chooses. When the the collars and cuffs wear out, he brings the shirts back in and they replace the collars and cuffs for abt $45

mommee

Post Sun, Dec 30 2012, 7:26 pm
my dh only has bb shirts. we haven't had a fraying issue and he's had them for quite a while (prob close to 2-3 years). I'm happy with the way they wash and wear. maybe we have more shirts in his rotation and hence less wear n tear. idk. we're very happy with them. (he very much dislikes j.a.bank tho Smile )

amother

Post Mon, Dec 31 2012, 5:16 am
My dh wears brooks brothers. The reason he loves them is cuz of the fit and feel.
He is very skinny and their slim fit line fits him perfectly. They r also very lightweight on the body even when starched.

smile22

Post Mon, Dec 31 2012, 7:38 am
dh went from brooks brothers to Paul Fredrick. He likes them better, they are also cheaper.

btw if your brooks brothers shirts tear or shred then you can send it back to the company and they will send you new ones. dh does it all the time.

sunflower919

Post Mon, Dec 31 2012, 9:13 am
I used to buy them for my boys, but found the fraying issue very upsetting. I switched to Jos A. Banks and love them. I usually wait till they go on sale, though.

max

Post Sat, Jan 05 2013, 6:47 pm
there is a difference between Brooks Brothers from factory outlet store (not made as well) and the ones from the fllagship stores. A year later they still look nice but I guess it depends how many you have and have often you wear them.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics