Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping
Where to order clothes on line???

amother

Post Mon, Jan 14 2013, 11:56 pm
What a good, reasonably priced place to order in the US?
Any good sales?
Looking for Shabbos clothing. Thanks so much.

Dolly Welsh

Post Tue, Jan 15 2013, 12:09 am
You have to wade through the stuff that we can't use, but you can find things at Chadwick's.

If you get a skirt in "tall" it is longer on you. They tell you the lengths. They have blazers. You can get the sleeves shortened by a local tailor if necessary. Their cotton crew-neck long sleeved t shirts are useful under everything. They have nice tights. Their petite sizes have a shorter jacket and sleeve length. If a woman is short and wide, she orders say size 14 in petite. If a woman is medium sized and wants a mid-calf skirt, she orders the skirt in "tall".

If you like tunics and loose big shirts, Travel Smith and Loaman's web sites have them.

chocolate chips

Post Tue, Jan 15 2013, 12:12 am
nextdirect.com
loft.com (sale stuff...really nice!)
gap.com

amother

Post Tue, Jan 15 2013, 12:13 am
Thanks Dolly for helping me!

amother

Post Tue, Jan 15 2013, 12:13 am
And chocolate chips :-)

TranquilityAndPeace

Post Tue, Jan 15 2013, 12:30 am
I find great things on nordstroms.com - although they're definitely not the cheapest merchant; but they offer free shipping both ways and a lenient return policy. And dillards.com often has great deals from top designers. If you have lots of patience, there are often great things on overstock.com.

imamiri

Post Tue, Jan 15 2013, 12:33 am
So many places.

For causal clothing there's OldNavy.com, Gap.com. Lands End and LL Bean have good sales too on more causal style tops and sweaters.

For dressy there's Nordstrom.com or Ann Taylor. Pretty much every bricks and mortar store has an online site and ships now.

Hashemlovesme

Post Tue, Jan 15 2013, 5:24 am
Dolly Welsh wrote:
You have to wade through the stuff that we can't use, but you can find things at Chadwick's.

If you get a skirt in "tall" it is longer on you. They tell you the lengths. They have blazers. You can get the sleeves shortened by a local tailor if necessary. Their cotton crew-neck long sleeved t shirts are useful under everything. They have nice tights. Their petite sizes have a shorter jacket and sleeve length. If a woman is n't look like the same matershort and wide, she orders say size 14 in petite. If a woman is medium sized and wants a mid-calf skirt, she orders the skirt in "tall".

If you like tunics and loose big shirts, Travel Smith and Loaman's web sites have them.

I ordered from Chadwicks before. They have some great looking stuff, but I found that the sizing was very off, the material cheap & some things didn't look the same as the picture (like dif material, cut...). Maybe that was just my experience though.

Dolly Welsh

Post Tue, Jan 15 2013, 8:05 pm
They are reliable on skirts and blazers, and cotton Ts in black, and tights. Tights should be got a size up.

Maybe everything should be got a size up, just a little.

Their cotton poplin shirts look ok, although I have not got any; again, a size up, or a bit toward large. If you are in the middle of small and medium, get medium. I would get black ones. Snappier, show wear less. White stuff looks great only a few times, perhaps. The blazers are ok in colors. Lighter, such as beige, will show more. It might be good to have a few unworn white shirts in storage for sudden needs, but they die fast in constant use, maybe.

Bright cobalt blue is a good color. So is grey. So is pink. All purples are good.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics