Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children
Summer camps for girls!

timeout

Post Mon, Dec 18 2006, 11:43 am
So while we're talking about summer camps.....

Where are some good places to send my 3yo dd this summer and btw I'm in BP Brooklyn!

Thanks

chocolate moose

Post Mon, Dec 18 2006, 2:13 pm
Doesn't her school have some recommendations?

timeout

Post Mon, Dec 18 2006, 3:42 pm
She goes to playgroup and they have no reccomendations.

chocolate moose

Post Mon, Dec 18 2006, 4:10 pm
Really? You don't have Headstart for your three year olds?

And her the playgroup doesn't run in the summer months?

Squash

Post Mon, Dec 18 2006, 4:26 pm
I send my son to a FANTASTIC playgroup on 42nd and 12th. He's actually my third kid to go to this playgroup and he (and myself) is thrilled there! Let me know if you're interested and I'll give you the phone number. As far as I know they run in the summer months too.

timeout

Post Tue, Dec 19 2006, 1:15 pm
CM - The school/playgroup where my dd goes closes for the summer and does not run a summer camp.

My son goes to Shemesh but I don't want to send my dd so far away.

Squash I'd love to know more information, like do they speak English for starters Smile

cindy324

Post Tue, Dec 19 2006, 2:50 pm
Yeah , me, too Squash! How much what are the hours , and is there transportation? My DD goes to playgroup with timeout , so I'd love to keep 'em together.

Also, did anyone ever send their kids to Viener day camp? I send my older kids there. I know they take kids as young as 2 1/2, but I'd love to hear if anyone sent that young and were the counselors adults, or at least older girls of 18-19. I don't want to send her there if babies are going to be taking care of babies!

withhumor

Post Tue, Dec 19 2006, 6:01 pm
I am desperately looking for a playgroup until 4:30. The one on 42nd street is till three, and they have a break after the ‘year’ is up, before they start their day camp.

cindy324

Post Tue, Dec 19 2006, 6:34 pm
Quote:
I am desperately looking for a playgroup until 4:30. The one on 42nd street is till three, and they have a break after the ‘year’ is up, before they start their day camp.

That would be fine with me. I used to send my two older ones to the best playgroup EVER! But they closed down a little while ago. They were around for like 20+ years, and then one day they just closed Sad They used to be very accomodating to working moms. I was able to drop off at 8:45 and pick up by 4:30, even 5:00 for those who couldn't possibly make it by 4:30. They also charged by the hour, not by the month. I miss you Playland!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics