Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Cookbooks
Kosher by Design Cooking Coach

SS6099

Post Mon, Nov 05 2012, 10:43 am
To keep or not to keep? I bought it but not sure....
Any input on your thoughts about this cookbook?

bluesclues

Post Mon, Nov 05 2012, 10:52 am
I got it and I think its really good. I vote to keep it.

chocolate chips

Post Mon, Nov 05 2012, 6:47 pm
I really want to get it?
How is it compared to her other cookbooks? And to ones like BY / fresh and easy?

SS6099

Post Wed, Nov 07 2012, 1:37 pm
I decided to return it. But there was a challah recipe that looked interesting, called for 15 yolks, 3 T dry yeast, 2 C sugar, 1 C oil, etc.
Could someone bother to fill me in on what I'm missing from the recipe? Looks really good.
Thanks.

goodheart

Post Wed, Nov 07 2012, 3:48 pm
I think im returning mine too!!!!!!!

sara_s

Post Wed, Nov 07 2012, 4:17 pm
Why dont you like the book? I was thinking of getting it. In genwral, are tge recipipes there simple or complicated?

Happy18

Post Wed, Nov 07 2012, 5:01 pm
My mother in law bought it for me as a gift. Have not looked through it yet. If anyone finds any good recipes please post them.

goodheart

Post Wed, Nov 07 2012, 6:07 pm
They look very complicated spices and stuff u dont usually have in the house!and nothing special

Happy18

Post Wed, Nov 07 2012, 6:11 pm
What kind of spices?

mosma

Post Wed, Dec 05 2012, 3:26 pm
this is later now, but my mother just bought me this book and I'm not so sure about it either. I won't return it, bec she'd be insulted if she found it, but the recipes either look like they're not too great or they're great but way too many steps. the coaching part is interesting, but most of it I know already. I'm thinking of making the balsamic onion chicken for shabbos.
Has anyone made anything from this cookbook yet? Was it good?

SS6099

Post Wed, Dec 05 2012, 9:14 pm
I ended up returning it since I didn't think DH would like it, and the kids for sure not. But the challah recipe looked heavenly!

agh

Post Wed, Dec 05 2012, 10:11 pm
can one just return cookbooks to a store? is it so simple. I also got cooking coach and just looked through it today and wasn't very impressed

September June

Post Wed, Dec 05 2012, 10:11 pm
I tried the sweet potato shepherds pie and the peanut butter cake. Both were yummy, but the peanut butter cake used too many bowls (must fiddle with that recipe).

I loved her game plan chapters. I wouldn't make most of her recipes, they were not my speed at all.

Optione

Post Wed, Dec 05 2012, 10:24 pm
goodheart wrote:
They look very complicated spices and stuff u dont usually have in the house!and nothing special

Sounds a little oxymoron like. If it uses unusual spices then wouldn't that make it "special" or different"? Just curious.

SS6099

Post Thu, Dec 06 2012, 8:55 am
Depends if you call spicy 'special'. My DH and kids dont even like when I use pepper! Depends if your family likes different stuff... (I do, btw...)

forever21

Post Thu, Jan 24 2013, 1:29 pm
I dont have that cookbook but I was going through it at the store and I saw a recipe that looked good. It was called crustless meat and onion quiche (or something like that). can someone please post that recipe?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics