Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping
Poll- 3strollers

Which stroller would you recommend?
Bugaboo Cameleon  
 43%  [ 7 ]
Bugaboo Bee  
 25%  [ 4 ]
Mamas and Papas  
 31%  [ 5 ]
Total Votes : 16

amother

Post Tue, Jan 29 2013, 7:10 pm
So after tons of research, I've narrowed down my choices to the bugaboo Cameleon, Bee, or Mamas and Papas.

My requirements are:
Baby facing both ways
Should lay flat so baby can sleep on stomach
It should wheel good enough

Which one of the 3 do you recommend and why? Only from these 3 please!

Thanks!

cl

Post Tue, Jan 29 2013, 7:31 pm
Bugaboo strollers r so easy to push. The two bugaboos is a big price diff so ur budget might b a deciding factor. The bee is better for in and out the car or a small apt, the other is better for walking and more comfy for baby. The bee does not recline 100%, I don't think u can put a baby sleeping on their stomach in it. And the bee does not face both ways.

Amelia Bedelia

Post Tue, Jan 29 2013, 7:36 pm
I know people rave about the Bee, but in my opinion, it's an overpriced umbrella stroller. You may be able to still get the Cameleon 2 for similar pricing to the Bee. The Mamas & Pappas seems like a nice but cheaper option.

momsprince

Post Tue, Jan 29 2013, 8:22 pm
cl wrote:
Bugaboo strollers r so easy to push. The two bugaboos is a big price diff so ur budget might b a deciding factor. The bee is better for in and out the car or a small apt, the other is better for walking and more comfy for baby. The bee does not recline 100%, I don't think u can put a baby sleeping on their stomach in it. And the bee does not face both ways.
the bee most certainly DOES face both ways.

Cookies n Cream

Post Tue, Jan 29 2013, 8:32 pm
The Bee is great because it's easy to fold.
But I would never pay that $$ for such a flimsy stroller, when I can but an umbrella stroller for 30 bucks.

chocolate chips

Post Tue, Jan 29 2013, 8:34 pm
I found the mamas and papas to be MUCH lighter than the bugaboos BUT they are more like strollers and can feel a bit too flimsy especially with a newborn.

Bugaboo bee is way too low down for me, the baby is almost on the floor for me, and many people had complaints with it.

The bugaboo is not my favorite at all which is why I would take the mamas and papas, plus the bugaboo chameleon has to be taken apart for folding and does not have as accessible a basket as the mamas and papas.

IMHopinion

Post Tue, Jan 29 2013, 8:40 pm
Cookies n Cream wrote:
The Bee is great because it's easy to fold.
But I would never pay that $$ for such a flimsy stroller, when I can but an umbrella stroller for 30 bucks.

You're basically paying for the name, dear!

mommy of boys

Post Tue, Jan 29 2013, 8:42 pm
I have the bugaboo frog - very similar to the chameleon but an older model.
I absolutely love it! any time I use another stroller even for a minute I appreciate my bugaboo even more.
I've never tried any of the other two choices but If You have the $ then definitely get the chameleon.

mom2be1

Post Tue, Jan 29 2013, 8:44 pm
You should get the mamas and papas if it comes with a bassinet option. People nicknamed it the poor mans bugaboo not in a bad way they are just pretty comparable

calaflower

Post Tue, Jan 29 2013, 9:10 pm
I know this isn't your question, but isn't it a huge no-no to put a baby to sleep on their stomach? I could be misunderstanding you, and if I am I'm sorry...

Cookies n Cream

Post Tue, Jan 29 2013, 9:43 pm
calaflower wrote:
I know this isn't your question, but isn't it a huge no-no to put a baby to sleep on their stomach? I could be misunderstanding you, and if I am I'm sorry...

Debatable. Very Happy
There used to be studies saying that it can cause SIDS or crib death, but those studies have been disproven.

passaicmom

Post Tue, Jan 29 2013, 10:17 pm
Sleeping on stomach in the cameleon without the bassinet wont work because of the "v" in the seat so you are limited in the amount of time that it is good for. One of my babies slept on his stomach in the stroller in the full recline until he was 1 it looks a little strange but he was happy that way.

carrot

Post Wed, Jan 30 2013, 12:00 am
Cookies n Cream wrote:
calaflower wrote:

Debatable. Very Happy
There used to be studies saying that it can cause SIDS or crib death, but those studies have been disproven.

Really? The studies have been disproven? I always wanted to put my baby to sleep on her stomach but was afraid to. Please tell me more!

cl

Post Wed, Jan 30 2013, 6:52 am
I have not come across any studies that disprove it. Pls where did u hear that?
I would not put a baby to sleep on their stomach at night but during the day if Im fully awake and the baby is near me or in stroller where you can constantly observe them I dont think its a prob for them to sleep on their stomach.
sorry didnt realise the bee faces both ways. its not the same as a 30$ stroller at all! A maclaren pushes waaay bettter than a $30 stroller and the bee glides along and corners waaay better than my maclaren. (I test drove a bee for a couple days before purchasing my latest stroller)
I ended up buying a micralite as its half the price of the bee, same weight as the maclaren quest, is umbrella fold, has 2 rear air tyres so even easier to push than the bee with a heavy toddler on board, and u can attach a car seat and a bassinet, but the main seat unit is not reversible which for me was the only downside. But I guess u cant have it all.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics