Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women
Charging money for those with no money
Previous  1  2  3  4

techiemom

Post Mon, Sep 05 2011, 9:18 pm
OK, feel slightly better... I actually PM'd Seraph to thank her for pointing this out... I had posted on two old threads without paying attention, trying to give support to someone who posted in 2008!

chizuk

Post Wed, Nov 30 2011, 3:49 am
two things, one about the owning of the car and not paying you. first, dan lekaf zchus, could be car was a gift that they barely use and cant sell due to shalom bayis reasons. (even though if they could it is the first thing they would sell), speaking from experience
second, maybe they can at least pay for the glasses your husband needs.

mimimom

Post Thu, Nov 08 2012, 2:20 pm
The real issue here is that you had an agreement: you take care of their child, and they pay you. If they don't have the money, then they need to discuss that with you. Then you have the opportunity to either make some arrangement OR tell them that you can't do it without payment. Otherwise this genaiva--and really unfair!

shabbatiscoming

Post Thu, Nov 08 2012, 2:26 pm
mimimom wrote:
The real issue here is that you had an agreement: you take care of their child, and they pay you. If they don't have the money, then they need to discuss that with you. Then you have the opportunity to either make some arrangement OR tell them that you can't do it without payment. Otherwise this genaiva--and really unfair!
this thread is from 2008 (thats when the first post was made)

Hakol Letovah

Post Mon, Feb 04 2013, 11:14 am
be nice and understanding, and expressing empathy "I know it has been difficult" is a part of being a mentch and a jew.

asking for your pay is legit too. gently is nice. "we need the $, when do you think you can bring it". You can still show your caring while asking for your pay.

be a metnch. it will be remembered to your credit. you will be remembered forever as someone who was caring and understanding during hard times.

Mod, even if originally old post, we can always search site and learn from others! no?

naturalmom5

Post Mon, Feb 04 2013, 11:30 am
Seraph wrote:
YESHASettler wrote:
Then tell them that you need the payment they owe and if the next month's check also bounces you're going to have to consider not allowing the child(ren) back.
I wouldnt say that. why? because I barely have enough kids to begin with, I dont need to minimize my income even more. so even if they dont pay on time one month or two, it still pays for me to have them because its still an extra kid bringing in money most of the time...
Then you have your answer. According to your original post , any Rov would say even if you are a billionaire , once you gave your Maasar you aren't mhuyiv and possibly not allowed to deprive your family.
Otoh, if you need these customers then you are at their mercy.
If possible you should strive for a different customer base or consider a different business .

amother

Post Mon, Feb 04 2013, 11:39 am
I'm from the other side - I send my child to playgroup and there are months when I just don't have the money to pay the babysitter. However, I know my priorities, and child care comes before chicken. I have been late a few times, but never more than a week or two, and I always appreciated that she never asked me anything. On the flip side, when I can I pay her early.
You have to be firm, they wouldn't want to work for free either.
Page 4 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4 Recent Topics