Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection
Who here bakes in the microwave?
Previous  1  2

anuta

Post Thu, Dec 21 2006, 4:37 pm
Marion wrote:
anuta wrote:
Marion wrote:
aussiegal wrote:
I only use microwave if I"m ina huge rush, or to reheat things quickly. Personally, I would try to stay away from the microwave, the rays aren't healthy.
The rays don't do anything unhealthy to food. If, however, you don't use the right kind of container or dish, then you can get seepage from the "kli" to the food. Also, contrary to popular opinion, the rays can't "escape" from inside a closed microwave, so as long as you don't heat yourself up, you should be fine.

How do you know that "rays" don't do anything to food? Your Tupperware salesperson of course has vested interest in trying to convince you of that; she sells stuff after all.

"She" certainly does. I can tell you how many hours "she's" spent researching it, and following up on information. I can tell you how long it's taken "her" to get answers for all "her" customers who have concerns and to educate "her"self on the issue.

I AM my Tupperware consultant.

It doesn't convince me.
Peer-reviewed research, done by scientists who know a "wave" from a "ray", does convince me.
I would not warm my milk for my baby in the microwave oven, would you?

shopaholic

Post Fri, Dec 22 2006, 9:51 am
No they tell you not to. I always boil water in a kettle & stick the bottle in a bowl of it to warm up, or use that to mix formula. I never use cold water + formula & then heat it up in the microwave.

Other than that, I use a microwave to defrost or reheat.

Marion

Post Sat, Dec 23 2006, 12:54 pm
anuta wrote:
Marion wrote:
anuta wrote:
Marion wrote:
aussiegal wrote:
I only use microwave if I"m ina huge rush, or to reheat things quickly. Personally, I would try to stay away from the microwave, the rays aren't healthy.
The rays don't do anything unhealthy to food. If, however, you don't use the right kind of container or dish, then you can get seepage from the "kli" to the food. Also, contrary to popular opinion, the rays can't "escape" from inside a closed microwave, so as long as you don't heat yourself up, you should be fine.

How do you know that "rays" don't do anything to food? Your Tupperware salesperson of course has vested interest in trying to convince you of that; she sells stuff after all.

"She" certainly does. I can tell you how many hours "she's" spent researching it, and following up on information. I can tell you how long it's taken "her" to get answers for all "her" customers who have concerns and to educate "her"self on the issue.

I AM my Tupperware consultant.

It doesn't convince me.
Peer-reviewed research, done by scientists who know a "wave" from a "ray", does convince me.
I would not warm my milk for my baby in the microwave oven, would you?

Nope. I don't own anything that would be appropriate for it. Baby bottles certainly ARE NOT microwave safe. (Not even the Tupperware ones!) And not ALL Tupperware is microwave safe, nor is it all designed for cooking in (vs. reheating). If you use the right product, it's safe.

Mishie

Post Sat, Dec 23 2006, 1:10 pm
A couple of years ago I baked a chocolate cake in the microwave, It didn't look or taste right. I've never tried it again!!!

Once, I tried boiling a couple of eggs in the microwave -
DON'T ASK!!!
They exploded everywhere!!! It took me a long time to get every last piece of shell off the walls..... Not a lot of fun.....

Marion

Post Sat, Dec 23 2006, 4:19 pm
Mishie wrote:
A couple of years ago I baked a chocolate cake in the microwave, It didn't look or taste right. I've never tried it again!!!

Once, I tried boiling a couple of eggs in the microwave -
DON'T ASK!!!
They exploded everywhere!!! It took me a long time to get every last piece of shell off the walls..... Not a lot of fun.....
You can't boil eggs in the microwave...they have shells! Likewise if you want to "bake" a potato (or any other skinned veggie) you have to puncture the skin first.

BrachaVHatzlocha

Post Sat, Dec 23 2006, 9:07 pm
DefyGravity wrote:
I make pasta and vegetables in the microwave all the time. It's much quicker!

How do you do that?
I'd love this time-saver!

amother

Post Sat, Dec 23 2006, 9:35 pm
just make sure one never puts styrfoam or plastic in the microwave. they are very unhealthy
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics