Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping
Full or queen?

sarys

Post Mon, Feb 04 2013, 12:39 pm
We are looking to upgrade our 48 inch beds, does anyone have 2 queen beds? We have the room but wondering if it makes such a difference and how do 2 queen beds look in the room?

amother

Post Mon, Feb 04 2013, 12:41 pm
I think most people have two queen beds. Anyway where I live. It looks great.

amother

Post Mon, Feb 04 2013, 12:49 pm
Personally I think it will look like way to much 'bed' in the room if you go with 2 queens.

pesek zman

Post Mon, Feb 04 2013, 1:10 pm
amother wrote:
I think most people have two queen beds. Anyway where I live. It looks great.

Really? That seems like WAY too much bed for me! My husband and I have 2 twins and there is PLENTY of space (both when they're apart and together)

amother

Post Mon, Feb 04 2013, 1:14 pm
I have two full, there is plenty of room. Of course my toddler takes up the whole bed.

After menopause, I would love to do a king size but I don't think DH will go for it.

amother

Post Mon, Feb 04 2013, 1:58 pm
used to have 2 twins and recently got a king and kept one of the twins in our room for when its needed. rest of the time it ends up being a dumping ground (I got pregnant a month or so after we got the king)

its great. we can both sleep on our own space and even when the baby comes to join us there is still room- without us having to worry about him falling into the crack like we used to when we had twins pushed together. the room is mostly bed. (we have 2 feet between the beds and the other sides touch the wall plus about 3 feet between the end of the bed and the dresser) but we generally only go there for sleeping so whats the difference. we actually used the "head" of the bed as the side since neither of us are tall and we would rather have the extra space for our stretching out so its actually bigger then 2 twins together. it will also be useful since I cosleep for the first few months to a year and now there will be plenty of room so hopefully ill be able to sleep better.

but if you care about a uniform look then I would get as big as you can afford (both in terms of $$ and space)

amother

Post Mon, Feb 04 2013, 2:12 pm
have a queen and a twin, wished it was a king.

queen is not big enough, for someone who loves to strech at nite. (small person, but still need space..)

get as big as u can.

2 sizes doesnt look best, but comfort is so much more important than appearance. who walks in to MBR anyway?

I am happy w a mattress store in Lakewood, PM me for their info when u are ready to buy.

amother

Post Mon, Feb 04 2013, 2:12 pm
Full is plenty enough by us.

lavender_dew

Post Mon, Feb 04 2013, 11:21 pm
Personally I think 2 queen beds is just way too much, unless you're lucky enough to have a huge master bedroom! We just bought a new queen and twin XL. DH is 6'2" and his feet hung off a full-size bed. The queen and twin XL are the same length.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics