Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
La Mer Face Creams

Maya

Post Mon, Feb 18 2013, 10:13 pm
Has anyone here used the La Mer facial creams or moisturizers? Are they really worth the price or is it just the hype?

DrMom

Post Mon, Feb 18 2013, 11:13 pm
A 2oz jar costs ~$250. I am sure there is something cheaper you can find that will work equally well.

Maya

Post Tue, Feb 19 2013, 10:23 am
DrMom wrote:
A 2oz jar costs ~$250. I am sure there is something cheaper you can find that will work equally well.

That's my question. Smile
Is it only a price tag and a hype, or does it really work better than other creams?

DrMom

Post Tue, Feb 19 2013, 10:32 am
I guess my point is that I am skeptical that anything works well enough to justify that price. A few jars of that and you could just get a facelift for the same price.

Happy18

Post Tue, Feb 19 2013, 10:36 am
Creme de la Mer was developed by a NASA scientist to help to treat chemical burns that he suffered. The stuff is supposed to be amazing, but it was not initially intended as a treatment for dry skin, wrinkles and so on thus the price.

I've never used it but this is what I've been told.

Last edited by Happy18 on Tue, Feb 19 2013, 6:38 pm; edited 1 time in total

solo

Post Tue, Feb 19 2013, 10:37 am
My mom tried them and was not impressed.

Mrs Bissli

Post Tue, Feb 19 2013, 6:34 pm
Don't waste your money. It's pretty much standard ingredients (the usual aqua, glycerin, mineral oil, lanolin), except for some fermented seaweed extract.

http://naturalnchicmakeup.blog......html

bpgirl

Post Tue, Feb 19 2013, 7:21 pm
Was nothing major when I tried it

Mirabelle

Post Tue, Feb 19 2013, 7:43 pm
I use Loreal Revitalift (drugstore, about 15 bucks) and have seen DRAMATIC results.
Highly recommend!!!

Maya

Post Tue, Feb 19 2013, 9:06 pm
Thank you, everyone. I think that for now I'll stick to drugstore brands and/or Mary Kay, and revisit this when I get a lot older.

Mirabelle, what have you seen results in? I'm looking to minimize fine lines and puffiness. Also, I'm losing weight and am afraid my face will begin to sag.

zaq

Post Tue, Feb 19 2013, 10:48 pm
Nothing you slather on your face will do anything for actual wrinkles caused by facial expressions and gravity. Fine whitish lines caused by dryness will be temporarily filled in by just about any moisturizer, but the effect is temporary and has no influence on actual wrinkles, which are caused not by dryness but by collapse of the collagen network below the surface. Collagen creams do NOT penetrate to the substratum and repair the collagen scaffolding of the skin--they sit on the surface and prevent or slow evaporation of water. So does Vaseline. Pay 50 cents or $500 an ounce, that's all they can do.

Most of what you pay for is hype, advertising, packaging, celebrity endorsements, supermodel spokespersons, and fancy ingredients that cost more but don't perform significantly differently. Mink oil or motor oil, it's still a greasy substance applied to prevent evaporation. If you like the smell, texture, and bottle design, and are willing and can afford to pay a premium for it, go ahead. I'm saving my money for Botox.

JUST KIDDING! Anyone who would willingly allow herself to be injected with one of the most toxic substances on earth (not THE most, just one of them) for the sole purpose of temporarily erasing wrinkles should have her head examined.

Mirabelle

Post Thu, Feb 21 2013, 7:05 pm
Maya!
I started using Revitalift before my gastic bypass...was worried about sagging in my face. Have since lost 140 pounds and B"H have a TIGHT TIGHT face thanks to the Revitalift. No sagging chin at all.

Maya

Post Thu, Feb 21 2013, 8:32 pm
Mirabelle wrote:
Maya!
I started using Revitalift before my gastic bypass...was worried about sagging in my face. Have since lost 140 pounds and B"H have a TIGHT TIGHT face thanks to the Revitalift. No sagging chin at all.

Thank you. I will definitely get this.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics