Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children
Rabbi Horowitz on Child Abuse

roza

Post Tue, Dec 26 2006, 1:58 pm
In case u missed this 'must read':

Quote:

Keeping Our Children Safe

What responsibility do schools have when it comes to addressing children about this issue? And, what responsibility do parents have? At what age should parents begin to address the issue with their children, and in how much detail? And, what is the proper way to even begin the conversation?

Full thing: http://www.rabbihorowitz.com/P.....ticle

greenfire

Post Tue, Dec 26 2006, 3:01 pm
Thank you - definately enlightening. I think our first step is always to be aware that however unfortunate these things happen in frum communities. Once the denial is out the solutions can come too.

roza

Post Wed, Dec 27 2006, 11:50 pm
The new buzz is: the abuse-prevention booklet for parents is to be published.

Quote:
Dear Readers:

Since my Keeping Our Children Safe From s-xual Abuse column was posted, I received many emails from compassionate people looking to become part of the solution and help fund the abuse-prevention booklet that I wrote about at the end of my column. In fact, an editor who works in graphic design even offered his services to this project pro bono.

Quite a number of people requested that I create a venue for those who wish to make donations to this particular project (the abuse-prevention booklet) and/or for those who wish to fund some of the projects that I have been writing about in my columns over the past months and years.

To honor these requests and to help actualize many of my dreams for the enhancement of educational and social opportunities for Jewish children around the world, I am pleased to inform my readers that I am initiating the “Bright Beginnings Program.” (Within 30 days, I hope to post a mission statement for Bright Beginnings on my website and list details regarding some of the programs that I would like to move from concept to reality.)

....... [all the administrative details were skipped by me]

We welcome those who wish to contribute to the publication and (free) dissemination of the s-xual abuse prevention booklet to send their contributions to:

Bright Beginnings c/o Mr. Michael Stein 377 Broadway, 9th floor N.Y., N.Y. 10013

Please make the check payable to Bright Beginnings and indicate on the stub that the funds are dedicated for the abuse prevention booklet, should you wish them to be designated for that purpose.

Thank you for your interest and may Hashem grant us our most fervent wish – that all His children realize their fullest potential.

Yakov Horowitz

chocolate moose

Post Fri, Dec 29 2006, 12:26 pm
Who is this rabbi and how is he an expert?

roza

Post Sun, Dec 31 2006, 2:49 pm
Now Part 2 is up with practical tips on dealing with the issue:

http://www.rabbihorowitz.com/P.....ticle
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics