Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping
So what's the latest flat shoes?

amother

Post Sun, Mar 03 2013, 2:17 pm
I'm desperate to shop online because I live in Israel, and I also have no idea what the styles are now in US. Anyone can help me find nice shabbos and weekday shoes. (Up to 1-2 inch heels, I'm very tall)
I like trendy stuff but not such bright colors.
TIA for your help girls!
I also want a site with free returns. Which sites should I check out>
If you know of a nice pair please post the link...
THANK YOU:)

rae gi

Post Sun, Mar 03 2013, 2:37 pm
Zappos.com

evie

Post Sun, Mar 03 2013, 3:20 pm
Zappos.com does not ship to Israel.

Try http://styleriver.mako.co.il/Main.aspx - they are here in Israel. I have not yet used them, so I can't really vouch for them.

chocolate chips

Post Sun, Mar 03 2013, 8:09 pm
The latest style here is toms style , I think they are called mules or something. Basically they have a piece covering the front of your foot.

shlomitsmum

Post Sun, Mar 03 2013, 9:12 pm
This season the trend has moved beyond ballerina style to slipper like , loafers ,brogue style etc

Personally I love this Tory Burch ones in Mid heel for shabbos (low enough to walk but with a lithe oomph to add a subtle elongated style). The wedge style is cute , but the low square heel looks very cute with the many 60"s inspired trends. Her spring collection illustrates well the seasons trends , hopefully you will find a style that speacks to you and your personal needs. Very Happy

http://www.toryburch.com/shoes.....0heel

tissues

Post Sun, Mar 03 2013, 9:27 pm
shlomitsmum wrote:
This season the trend has moved beyond ballerina style to slipper like , loafers ,brogue style etc

Personally I love this Tory Burch ones in Mid heel for shabbos (low enough to walk but with a lithe oomph to add a subtle elongated style). The wedge style is cute , but the low square heel looks very cute with the many 60"s inspired trends. Her spring collection illustrates well the seasons trends , hopefully you will find a style that speacks to you and your personal needs. Very Happy

These prices make me sick!

shlomitsmum

Post Sun, Mar 03 2013, 9:33 pm
tissues wrote:
shlomitsmum wrote:

These prices make me sick!

oops! hope this post is not misunderstood ...I posted the styles for Illustration purposes only as Tory plays it safe and covers the latest trend but from a more elegant/conservative angle.

I have gotten awesome deals at the TB outlet at woddbury comons sp? as the regular prices are crazy (but worth it if you can afford full price0 , TJ max often has their line too .

Note: I'm a diva on a dime Wink and would not buy this full price EVER .... For me getting a deal is the most fun price!

Dolly Welsh

Post Sun, Mar 03 2013, 11:09 pm
A friend of mine likes ballet flats from Payless. I think she is paying $20 a pair. She puts foam inserts in them. They look cute in black. She has a few pairs; with various bows and all that. She says get them large.

DrMom

Post Mon, Mar 04 2013, 1:13 am
How can you just buy shoes by mail without trying them on first? Unless it's a brand you know and the sizes are very consistent, won't you wind up returning many and going through a lot of back-and-forth before getting something you really like?

If I were in your shoes (haha), I'd shop around in Israel. Even if the shoes themselves cost more, it's less hassle and no shipping costs. And you can try stuff on! You can get American/European brands here, if that's what you want. Try Aldo, Nine West, etc.

amother

Post Mon, Mar 04 2013, 3:43 am
Thanks..
I'll be going to US for Pesach but I arrive too close to Yom Tov so I order like 20 pairs and then hopefully like 2-3 of them. That is why I want free returns. Although 6 pm has good prices I have to pay for returns so not worth it.

DrMom

Post Mon, Mar 04 2013, 4:12 am
If you are going to be in the US, then maybe you can buy from a good department store like Nordstrom and have them sent to wherever you will be staying and then just go to the store to return them. They are usually very good about returns and have excellent customer service.

PinkFridge

Post Mon, Mar 04 2013, 9:47 am
The Toms that I've seen, at least the original ones, are flat slip ons, remind me a bit of old Keds or Grasshoppers. They were basically in canvas though there's a popular shiny silver or neon I've seen. Skechers has a knockoff called Bobs.

I can buy shoes pretty easily on line. I have to have more substantial shoes with support and room for my orthotics, so I generally get mary janes with a small platform. I'm safe with some basic brands. If I want to try a brand I've never seen I look at the reviews. If they're not true to size I don't bother.

As far as "what's in style in America" I can't tell you. I would get shoes you like that will last. Really flimsy shoes aren't practical in E"Y, are they, even if one's so light on her feet she basically levitates?

cm

Post Mon, Mar 04 2013, 9:56 am
DrMom wrote:
If you are going to be in the US, then maybe you can buy from a good department store like Nordstrom and have them sent to wherever you will be staying and then just go to the store to return them. They are usually very good about returns and have excellent customer service.

If you think you might return shoes, whether to a department store or online vendor, do not stand up on a hard floor. Carpet only! And make sure the soles are pristine.

Barbara

Post Mon, Mar 04 2013, 10:49 am
Zappos. piperlime, and shoebuy come to mind quickly.

I thought the TB shoes posted earlier looked dowdy, but I'll probably be wearing knockoffs in 6 months and think they're great.

Last edited by Barbara on Mon, Mar 04 2013, 11:10 am; edited 1 time in total

amother

Post Mon, Mar 04 2013, 10:55 am
don't buy flat shoes, buy ones with a heel. More supportive and look more elegant.

Dolly Welsh

Post Mon, Mar 04 2013, 11:16 am
DrMom wrote:
How can you just buy shoes by mail without trying them on first? Unless it's a brand you know and the sizes are very consistent, won't you wind up returning many and going through a lot of back-and-forth before getting something you really like?

If I were in your shoes (haha), I'd shop around in Israel. Even if the shoes themselves cost more, it's less hassle and no shipping costs. And you can try stuff on! You can get American/European brands here, if that's what you want. Try Aldo, Nine West, etc.

Sure. But you can learn to try shoes on with your eyes.

amother

Post Mon, Mar 04 2013, 11:22 am
Thanks. I actually have Toms already and enjoyed them a whole year. I heard they're already on the way out...
I also want a nicer weekday shoe for my short skirts (don't nec need to be so comfy, not doing major walking in them). Any ideas. If you find nice ones please post the link!
TIA

CatLady

Post Mon, Mar 04 2013, 11:25 am
Quote:
Sure. But you can learn to try shoes on with your eyes.

Not me. I can guesstimate the size and fit for every other type of apparel with amazing accuracy, but I have found that even if I've been Size 8 in Aldo shoes for years, there's no substitution for trying them on IRL.

OP, I'd browse some American fashion magazines on line, see what you like, and try to find them locally or on sale in the US. Somewhere between Tory Burch and Payless, there's a decent pair of shoes for everyone.

amother

Post Mon, Mar 04 2013, 1:16 pm
I just need some help with what's "in".
Like something an average stylish Lakewood/Flatbush (and anywehre else in the world! But meaning more mainstream yeshivish I'd guess. But with it yeshivish....) would wear.
I"m not into open toe shoes at all. Something stylish but tznius to my standards. (not red or crazy high heels)
Thanks to all of you...
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics