Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children
Parents of 2 or more. how to establish routine

amother

Post Wed, Dec 27 2006, 8:57 pm
I have two kids a two yr old and a 3 month old. I would like to get into a bed time routine with the 3 month old.
How do I do this?
I bath my 2 yr old around 630 and she is in bed at 700. So when would I start the bed time routine with my 3 month old? After she is in bed?
Also at the end of the day I am tired and I cant imagine doing two baths.every day . ONe for her first and then one for him.
But he is too young to join her bath.
If there is no bath with a bedtime routine what else can I do to show him its bedtime?. And what about the nights he will get a bath? Will this throw him off his routine ( of most nights not having a bath?)

chocolate moose

Post Fri, Dec 29 2006, 12:38 pm
story time?

cl

Post Wed, Jan 10 2007, 10:49 am
If u have a reclining-baby-bath-seat with suckers on the bottom that stick to the bottom of the bath (for the 3m old) and as long as u keep the bath water shallow u cud prob have both kids in the bath at the same time and have ur hands free to soap up the older one. And for sure once the 3m old is older n sitting up u can get the bath seat for sitting babies.
I dont think it will confuse the baby if some nights s/he has a bath an some nights not.

I think if the half hour b4 bedtime begins with milk in a quiet environment with dim lights an maybe a story or song he can wind down for the day.
After the 2yr old is in PJs maybe u cud dim the lights an do the song or story with both kids together? And then once 2yr old in bed finish off bed-time routine with 3m old.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics