Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Throwing up

Bell

Post Sun, Dec 31 2006, 10:07 pm
dd is 7 1/2 months & has been eating baby jars stage 1 for about 2 months. For the past 2 days, while I was feeding her, she gagged on the food & then threw up everything! (& I mean everything!)
The 1st time-- she had just eaten most of a stage 2 jar which I now realize the consistency is thicker.
The 2nd time: She had 2 spoons of rice cereal mixed with peaches (which shes had in the past) & then she gagged & then wham! her formula bottle from 3 hours b/4 came up!
so now-- should I be wooried? Also note she has been eating a lot LESS lately--over these past 2 days.
Is this normal or does it sound like she has some kind of virus? Besides the eating she has been comnpletely herself sleeping & paying nicely bh.

NumberOneMommy

Post Sun, Dec 31 2006, 10:20 pm
I would say a virus but you should check with doctor and just watch her. My son had a virus a few days ago he was also throwing up. Goodluck!!

Bell

Post Mon, Jan 01 2007, 8:13 am
ok now shes completly refusing even her bottle!

Marion

Post Mon, Jan 01 2007, 8:17 am
Teething?

YALT

Post Mon, Jan 01 2007, 8:45 am
obviously, check with the doctor.....
But I would strongly believe it's a virus.
It's going around. I was in the hospital the other day with my baby. Out of the other 6 children there at that time, 5 of them had a virus. And at my job as well, there were 3 coworkers with sick toddlers.
Good Luck!!!

happyone

Post Mon, Jan 01 2007, 9:10 am
Teething, virus, strep throat etc..
Go to your pediatrician for a full check-up.
good luck. Just make sure your baby stays hydrated. Try Pedialyte bottles.

withhumor

Post Mon, Jan 01 2007, 9:59 am
Make sure she has plenty of sugar water. When you give her the formula, give her about one ounce mixed with another ounce of water. It should be very light, just to keep her hydrated. Never give more than 2 ounces at a time, or it will come up. Of course check with the pediatrician. It sounds like she is congested and is gagging on the mucus, and then the food comes up. If she has strep, then usually they don’t like to swallow, and they fight the food. This sounds like mucus.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics