Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Computers, Phones and Devices
Pay pal

amother

Post Sun, Dec 31 2006, 2:10 pm
I always see pay by pay pal but I dont know what it means
Could someone please explain.

shininglight

Post Sun, Dec 31 2006, 2:23 pm
PayPal is a business where you give them your credit card info or have an account with them where you link a bank account to your paypal account. then, when you want to buy something online, paypal takes the money from you and gives it to the seller, without the seller getting your cc or bank account #. It's safe and also has insurance on certain purchases. Very k'dai and easy to use.

withhumor

Post Sun, Dec 31 2006, 2:29 pm
I have been using PayPal for many years now and I love it. People can pay me simply by sending from their paypal account to my email address. Paypal notifies me in an email and it says ‘you have received cash’. When I check my account online I see who it came from and how much (minus 3%) and the money is there instantly. To use that money you can request a paypal debit card after 60 days of opening the account. You can use that card anywhere just like a regular credit/debit card. You can also use your paypal email address & password to make payments on websites that accept paypal as a payment option (such as Ebay). Instead of giving out your financial information, you can simply authorize a payment with your account username and password. Also, you can specify a funding source of any credit card that you want to use or even a bank account and the receiver never knows. Good luck!

chocolate moose

Post Sun, Dec 31 2006, 6:56 pm
It is very nice, easy and covenient, but remember it's a business and charges FEES for its use.

su7kids

Post Sun, Dec 31 2006, 7:54 pm
In order to reach paypal, its paypal.com

I use it all the time, and its an awesome sight. I bought stuff for my dad in Australia and he just paypalled me the money to the US. Very easy and convenient for all.

chocolate moose

Post Sun, Dec 31 2006, 8:39 pm
I usedit to collect money for the gift for the super in our building and the fees weren't SO bad.

our shul uses it too!

ChavieK

Post Mon, Jan 01 2007, 4:12 pm
Withhumor-You can also tranfer the paypal payments to your bank account.

shininglight

Post Mon, Jan 01 2007, 5:57 pm
I think for a personal account (receiving under $500/month) it's totally free. But I don't remember that figure for sure ... check it out.

chocolate moose

Post Mon, Jan 01 2007, 6:08 pm
That's actually not true. You pay for the privilege.

shininglight

Post Mon, Jan 01 2007, 6:21 pm
choc - are you sure? I used to have a free personal account. go to the website and make sure ...

chocolate moose

Post Mon, Jan 01 2007, 7:00 pm
Of course I'm sure. I'm Paypaling since the year 2000.

I collected money recently for the super in our building, and one $50 payment, for example, cost me $1.30 to receive.

Tefila

Post Mon, Jan 01 2007, 7:02 pm
I really like Paypal. It is the safest online paying method imo Confused

Iluvmykids

Post Mon, Jan 01 2007, 10:01 pm
If you have a paypal account that accepts credit card payments then there is a 3% fee to accept all payments, not just credit cards, but if you have a personal account that does not accept credit cards you can receive up to $500 a month for free, people either transfer money to you from their bank account or from their paypal balance. You can also link your paypal account to your bank account and send money to people from your bank account through paypal, and if people send you money to your paypal account (which is your email address) you can transfer it into your bank account for free although it takes 3-4 days.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics