Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping -> Child & Baby Products
CARSEAT VOTE

dewyt

Post Tue, Jan 02 2007, 3:43 pm
OK, my son is almost 10 months old- ready for a forward facing carseat. I went to babies r us and looked for one I liked- I decided on the Graco Safeseat bc it reclines sooooooo nicely and thats important to me. I wanted to see if I could get it cheaper online so didnt buy it in the store. but then I read two reviews about it that were not good. Should I stick with my original choice? or go for the Alpha Omega Elite which my hubby liked? Or safety 1st, or Evenflo??? Britax is a little expensive, maybe someone knows where I can get one of those cheap (online or in stores...)

any advice?

DesignMommy

Post Tue, Jan 02 2007, 6:45 pm
In order to turn forward facing a baby must be 1 year old AND over 20 lbs. The best and safest carseat on the market is the Britax Marathon, but it is vert expensive. I have a Britax Roundabout for my 18 month old (he is still rear facing because he is not yet 20 lbs)
Good luck!

MMEC123

Post Tue, Jan 02 2007, 6:55 pm
Just curious what you don't like about the Graco safeseat? I've been looking into carseats a lot (though I'm looking for an infant) and so far I think that one seems really good.

Twizzlers

Post Tue, Jan 02 2007, 7:00 pm
I have the graco safeseat and am thrilled with it. It reclines alot which was important to me, and it is supposed to last until baby is 30 lbs. - 1 year which is considered alot from what I've seen. I went into toys r us and babies r us and literally tried out every single one - this one was really the best IMO.

shoy18

Post Tue, Jan 02 2007, 7:10 pm
I have a Britax Roundadbout and love it.

chavamom

Post Tue, Jan 02 2007, 7:20 pm
Britax Roundabout on sale for $169 and free shipping. And keep him rearfacing as long as possible!

yoyosma

Post Tue, Jan 02 2007, 7:24 pm
Wow, an amazing find! I have the Graco UtraCargo, but if the Britax had been at that price 4 years ago, I would have jumped on that.

dewyt

Post Tue, Jan 02 2007, 11:12 pm
hi- whoever is looking for the britax roundabout, I finally decided on that, mainly because of excellent reviews, and I also got an amazing price- the denim color I got for a total of $161.99 from tinyride.com and using a coupon for 10% off. the purple is even $10 cheaper, but I liked the denim better. EVERYONE_ I DID ALOT OF RESEARCH AND THIS IS A REALLY GOOD DEAL- chap it!!!

avigayil

Post Tue, Jan 02 2007, 11:18 pm
We have the Britax Wizard for ds and he is great in it. He sits in it on planes as well.

chavamom

Post Tue, Jan 02 2007, 11:31 pm
dewyt wrote:
hi- whoever is looking for the britax roundabout, I finally decided on that, mainly because of excellent reviews, and I also got an amazing price- the denim color I got for a total of $161.99 from tinyride.com and using a coupon for 10% off. the purple is even $10 cheaper, but I liked the denim better. EVERYONE_ I DID ALOT OF RESEARCH AND THIS IS A REALLY GOOD DEAL- chap it!!!

Where did you get the coupon for 10% off?

mumoo

Post Tue, Jan 02 2007, 11:36 pm
DesignMommy wrote:
In order to turn forward facing a baby must be 1 year old AND over 20 lbs.

just wanted to repeat that very important info

is a reclining seat safe in the reclining position?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics