Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping
Where to Buy Modest and Fashionable Women's Clothing Online?

cakebaker

Post Mon, Mar 04 2013, 1:25 pm
I used to love Funky Frum, but they seem to have gone out of business. Can anyone suggest modest modern clothing? I don't live in a particularly frum neighborhood and want to blend in on the street. Affordable would be helpful as well. Thanks so much.

Ema of 5

Post Mon, Mar 04 2013, 1:36 pm
I don't know what "modern" clothing means, but there is a sight soulflower.com that has some pretty cool stuff. Also esty.com I think.
But what's wrong with old navy or gap or any of the other regulars? Are they not modern? (Just asking, cuz again, I really don't know what modern means when it comes to clothing.)

Eemaof3

Post Mon, Mar 04 2013, 2:34 pm
This is from Funkyfrum.com's website:
We are currently Moving and Unable to Process Orders Until 2/21/13.
Maybe they are still moving?

OOTforlife

Post Mon, Mar 04 2013, 3:23 pm
Coldwater Creek has a lot of below knee skirts compared to most retailers. I wouldn't buy full price items from there but good deals areoften available on the "sale" and "outlet" menus.

cm

Post Mon, Mar 04 2013, 4:09 pm
eema of 3 wrote:
I don't know what "modern" clothing means, but there is a sight soulflower.com that has some pretty cool stuff. Also esty.com I think.
But what's wrong with old navy or gap or any of the other regulars? Are they not modern? (Just asking, cuz again, I really don't know what modern means when it comes to clothing.)

Have you shopped lately? There are almost no choices (a very few, but not many) from Old Navy, Gap, or similar retailers that are below the knee, not low cut, and have sleeves. Old Navy and Gap have tall sizes available on the website, so the almost-knee-length options in "tall" might be good for a non-tall person.

The OP wants to blend in, and no one outside certain frum Jewish neighborhoods would wear a skin-tight top under a skimpy top and consider it a normal outfit, so I wouldn't recommend anything that requires a shell to be wearable.

Soulflower.com is a jewelry site. Is there perhaps a different name?

I've had some success with Orvis (expensive for what you get, but I love their jewel-neck sleeveless t-shirt under a jacket or sweater), Woolrich and Northstyle, especially for skirts.

cakebaker

Post Tue, Mar 05 2013, 12:58 pm
By modest I mean below elbows, below knees, and a relatively high neckline. I'm modern orthodox if that helps and most of my clothes were purchased in Israel four or more years ago which I used to be able to visit with more regularity. Two children later it's time to go shopping. I know I'm not going to blend in completely. Thanks for your suggestions.

Strawberry2

Post Tue, Mar 05 2013, 1:18 pm
cm wrote:
eema of 3 wrote:

Have you shopped lately? There are almost no choices (a very few, but not many) from Old Navy, Gap, or similar retailers that are below the knee, not low cut, and have sleeves. Old Navy and Gap have tall sizes available on the website, so the almost-knee-length options in "tall" might be good for a non-tall person.

The OP wants to blend in, and no one outside certain frum Jewish neighborhoods would wear a skin-tight top under a skimpy top and consider it a normal outfit, so I wouldn't recommend anything that requires a shell to be wearable.

Soulflower.com is a jewelry site. Is there perhaps a different name?

I've had some success with Orvis (expensive for what you get, but I love their jewel-neck sleeveless t-shirt under a jacket or sweater), Woolrich and Northstyle, especially for skirts.

http://www.soul-flower.com/org......html
is this what you referring to?

mandksima

Post Tue, Mar 05 2013, 2:38 pm
I find a lot at www.christopherandbanks.com, they have sales often. They have a plus size section as well.
Lands End has nice stuff, even dresses but wait for a sale.

amother

Post Thu, Apr 18 2013, 11:24 am
since this thread is asking about online shopping (which consequently needs a web address) and some members have posted websites, I believe it's ok to post one too that sells tznius clothes www.dellasuza.com
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics