Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen
Where can one buy CY powdered milk?

grin

Post Thu, Dec 08 2011, 2:55 pm
how expensive is it?

I live in EY and I've always known that our milk is diluted with water (sad, but apparently true - sorry if this seems to be LH against EY, but I'm not degrading the natural value of milk here but rather its commercialization). I've been trying to lose some weight by tracking my food on sparkpeople and when I compared my milk's nutritional value with that of USDA, I was simply shocked by how valueless our milk seems to be.

Maybe I would be better off getting packets of dried CY and using that???

penguin

Post Sun, Apr 21 2013, 3:51 pm
Rather than starting a new thread, I searched & found this one, with no replies at all!

Well, if anyone has seen powdered milk in a store, please inform us... I lived OOT years ago, and we did find some to keep on hand when the regularly scheduled milk didn't show up...but I can't recall seeing it in many years (of course, I probably wasn't particularly on the alert for it either, as I am really off milk, but I decided to try making my own yogurt, and adding powdered milk is supposed to be very good for the thickness & protein content, so I'd really love to locate some!)

chocolate moose

Post Sun, Apr 21 2013, 4:22 pm
I haven't seen it for years

The Happy Wife

Post Sun, Apr 21 2013, 5:02 pm
I've seen at pomegranate.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen