Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women -> Teachers' Room
Lost my job

amother

Post Sun, Apr 21 2013, 10:07 am
I just lost my job - I feel numb, like everything ive been working for all these years down the drain - the school I was so loyal to for 4 years couldn't even tell me in person... got it in a letter.
am due in september - so total joke for me to try and find a new position now.
can't even tell dh, im barely able to process this myself

amother

Post Sun, Apr 21 2013, 10:11 am
I can TOTALLY relate I've been fired 3 times--twice while pregnant. I know that sting and empty feeling all too well. I don't want to be open w/my avatar right now, but I know your pain.

jerusalem-girl

Post Sun, Apr 21 2013, 10:11 am
(((hugs)))

I'm so sorry for your loss, and the callous way the school let you go.

I hope being without a job opens newer and better opportunities for you.

amother

Post Sun, Apr 21 2013, 10:12 am
dh in school so now we have no income for next year, I don;'t know whats worse having no money or the feeling of emptyness I'll have with no work outside the house...

amother

Post Sun, Apr 21 2013, 10:14 am
Do u think its pregnancy related?

amother

Post Sun, Apr 21 2013, 10:14 am
Do u think its pregnancy related?

amother

Post Sun, Apr 21 2013, 10:16 am
no, totally financial, they always are accomodating to pregnanacy and this year I've gotten the best student evaluations that I've ever gotten...

SingALong

Post Sun, Apr 21 2013, 10:19 am
I think you shouldn't give up, keep looking for a job. To my surprise I got hired in my 7th month. You never know.

Otherwise, hugs.

Tamiri

Post Sun, Apr 21 2013, 10:20 am
OP this is TERRIBLE. However, since you ARE a good teacher, as witnesses by the reviews: why not make an appointment. I don't know who the head honcho in your school would be. Or whether it's a gvt/city office. Ask for a hearing. State your case and ask (1) to know why (2) to know if they can reconsider and under what circumstances.
Don't be ashamed, don't feel as though you did something wrong.... feel strong and proud and professional and go stand up for yourself. You really have nothing to lose!

amother

Post Sun, Apr 21 2013, 10:28 am
It's true. Sometimes people get embarrassed or feel its their fault so they don't stand up for themselves. standing up for urself feels great! u may not get the outcome u desire, but it still is worth trying!

amother

Post Sun, Apr 21 2013, 10:28 am
It's true. Sometimes people get embarrassed or feel its their fault so they don't stand up for themselves. standing up for urself feels great! u may not get the outcome u desire, but it still is worth trying!

amother

Post Sun, Apr 21 2013, 10:33 am
thanks so much for all the support guys,you're the best...

the financial situation is so bad (im not the only one fired) - I dont think anything can be done - and my princiapl is not the nicest...

mirisim

Post Sun, Apr 21 2013, 11:21 am
I don't know if you are ready to deal with this yet, but the best thing to do now is get really great reference letters, send out your resumes, and network, network, network. You never know when opportunities pop up, and if you have a fantastic reputation, a school might be willing to get a sub if you sign a contract that u will return after having the baby. Hazlacha and B'sha'a Tovah

happybeingamom

Post Sun, Apr 21 2013, 11:37 am
My children's schools have hired women who were pregnant and were not able to start the year.

Do look for a job, you might be surprised and find your self with a job in the fall.

Hatzlacha!

mirror

Post Sun, Apr 21 2013, 7:07 pm
You can also be a long-term sub for women going on maternity leave.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics