Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
Doesnt make sense to me

amother

Post Tue, Apr 23 2013, 8:23 am
I was passing by a church and the sign read "hesus is god" I dont get that. they say he is the son of g-d but now suddenly he is g-d? then he cant be anyones son, so they have two opposing beliefs?? they dont make any sense

Capitalchick

Post Tue, Apr 23 2013, 8:27 am
Christianity defines God as three separate entities that come together to form one God. This is called the "Triune God". It is made up of the "Father", the "Son" and the "Holy Spirit".

jerusalem-girl

Post Tue, Apr 23 2013, 8:29 am
Trinity goes something like this, if I understand correctly.

Three (Father, Son, Holy Ghost) of One.
I think based on the passuk where Adam and Chava are called one.
It follows, they say, that One can mean One with composite parts. Three parts of G-d. Who is One.

Modified monotheism, this is.

Capitalchick

Post Tue, Apr 23 2013, 8:31 am
Just to explain a bit further, the reason that there are three entities that make up one G-d, is because they see things as follows:
1) G-d is the saviour.
2) Salvation comes through Zesus Xrist and his teachings,
3) Access to salvation is possible through the Holy Spirit.

Together, they work together to bring Xstians to one G-d.

sequoia

Post Tue, Apr 23 2013, 8:32 am
It's a concept that no one has ever understood.

jerusalem-girl

Post Tue, Apr 23 2013, 8:34 am
And also, because of the crucifiction, they need Yoshke to be G-d, and to be human. G-d, because otherwise how would his blood be of any help. Human, because you can't kill G-d.
So he's the son.- G-d in flesh

The trinity was popular in early Xtianity because of the dominant pagan culture at the time.

Btw, why amother?

jerusalem-girl

Post Tue, Apr 23 2013, 8:35 am
How funny! I wrote J-esus and it became Yoshke!

I never get auto-corrected because I stay away from words that are usually changed.

Capitalchick

Post Tue, Apr 23 2013, 8:36 am
sequoia wrote:

Sequoia, I'm not sure if you're saying this in a slightly joking manner or not, but.....you're actually correct.

The holy trinity is actually considered a mystery of Christianity. Just as Judaism has aspects that must be taken on pure faith, as there is no explanation for it, the Holy Trinity is part of Christianity that must be taken on faith. The notion that three separate beings, which as accepted as 100% separate, can also be accepted as one single entity, is an act of pure faith for Christians.

etky

Post Tue, Apr 23 2013, 8:51 am
Christology is also a topic that gave rise to dozens of heresies in Late Antiquity and through the early Medieval period.
The divinity of J-sus (or his non-divinity) and the nature of the trinity has been understood in myriad ways, spawning many different theologies and thus churches based on these doctrines.

yogabird

Post Tue, Apr 23 2013, 9:48 am
sequoia wrote:

Yoshke is G-d in a human form. What's so hard to understand about that? Confused

justcallmeima

Post Tue, Apr 23 2013, 11:42 am
The question of the so called holy trinity brings up shailos in halacha. For example, if it is considered Polytheism or not. The Lubavitcher Rebbe was said to have cleared this up saying "even the Apifiore (the Pope) himself doesn't understand this concept"
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics