Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping
Costco
Previous  1  2

mimimom

Post Tue, Apr 23 2013, 4:25 pm
Costco saves me SO MUCH!!!
About the fruits and veggies, at least in Brooklyn: They are SO FRESH they seem to last forever. I"m talking about two weeks for lettuce! Even longer for clementines! I was nervous about some of the quantities at first, but that 10lb bag of carrots is almost gone, and the still are fresher than what I used to get at Shoprite, or 3 Guys.
Like anywhere else, you obviously need to go with a list....
Also, the first time we went we didn't get much, we spent an hour or so just walking every inch of the store.
Oh, one other thing we got there was tires! About HALF the price of the same tires other places. That, alone, was worth a whole lot more than the membership fee (and it even includes balancing and monthly nitrogen top offs)

Rutabaga

Post Tue, Apr 23 2013, 4:36 pm
I now go with 2 lists - what I need and what I definitely don't need.

We buy paper towels, toilet paper, tissues, laundry detergent, cleaning supplies, sanitary supplies, foil pans, aluminum foil, ziplock bags, dish soap, dishwasher tabs, toothpaste, shampoo, cetaphil, bottled water, PAM, cereal, granola bars, oatmeal, dried fruit, nuts...

I've bought a lot of DD's clothing there, including play outfits, pajamas, dresses, bathing suits, dresses, and jackets. DH has bought some shirts.

I got prescription glasses and prescription sunglasses there on sale.

Kirkland (Costco brand) baby wipes are great.

Cookies n Cream

Post Tue, Apr 23 2013, 9:25 pm
Did any of you ever try BJ's ?
How does it compare?

thanks

Post Tue, Apr 23 2013, 9:34 pm
My family likes the kirkland frozen salmon. You cannot find that quality salmon anywhere else. (It's not a cheap food, but in my case, the kids like it even better than fresh salmon.)

happy12

Post Wed, Apr 24 2013, 8:56 am
Todays list

Ketchup
lettuce
chumus
coldcuts
cholov yisroel cheese platter
lox
ready made tuna (golden taste)
Baby bells mushrooms
watermelon
hot house cucumbers
strawberries
cantaloupe
Beigels black and whites
avocadoes

Shendellah

Post Wed, Apr 24 2013, 10:17 am
We buy 80% of our household shopping at cosco- we have the premium membership and actually get our membership cost and a little extra $ at the end of the year. I noticed a lot of people say that the produce is fresh. We still buy our produce at cosco but the produce always goes bad quickly in our household (we live in Boston)-we thought it was our fridge but we bought a new one and it is still happening...
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics