Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise
HELP!!!!!!

amother

Post Thu, Jan 04 2007, 8:11 pm
Im pregnant and overweight and I just cant stop eating! the dictor already told me I gained too much weight and every single day I try to eat right but it just never works. I ended up snacking and eating all the wrong foods. then it makes me depressed which makes me eat even more. HELP! Crying

shayna82

Post Thu, Jan 04 2007, 8:15 pm
1. if you dont buy it you wont eat it. be strict with yourself, and buy a little nosh for shabbos. it works wonders.

2. dont eat after 8 under any circumestances

3. get some exercise

4. get gum and mints, to trick your mind and mouth that its eating, when really its not.

5. dont take seconds

Good Luck!

amother

Post Thu, Jan 04 2007, 8:36 pm
thank u! ill try HARDER Wink

withhumor

Post Thu, Jan 04 2007, 9:06 pm
Shayna everything you said is true. With my third pregnancy, I knew that if I won’t watch I will be seriously obese, based on my gaining 80 lbs by each pregnancy before that! Form the sheer terror of the thought, I gained only 17 lbs.

I can tell you now that those 17lbs are still on me 2 years later but at least its not 80. try really hard. I learned that the trick is to eat SOMETHING every three hours to maintain normal blood sugar levels so that you go bananas and start grabbing anything. So I prepared a ton of food and keep it in my freezer. I learned how to freeze things that would blow your mind. My favorite was individual French toasts made with challah from shabbos, frozen in a zip loc bag. I would take it out about 10:30 and pop it in the toaster oven and warm it up for a nice crispy brunch with fresh fruit and a malted. That was really great.

Good luck! PM me for more ideas.

mumoo

Post Thu, Jan 04 2007, 9:09 pm
portion control and lots of water

a lot of times thirst is disguissed as hunger

Flowerchild

Post Thu, Jan 04 2007, 9:23 pm
I chew gum all the time for weight loss and instead it makes me more hungry. why is that?

chocolate moose

Post Thu, Jan 04 2007, 9:37 pm
did the dr tell you what you could eat and what not to? that's what happened to me . . .

like - cake was out, etc. whole grains, okay.

amother

Post Thu, Jan 04 2007, 9:40 pm
gum makes u hungry becuase your body starts digesting but theres nothing there so u get hungry. try sugar free sucking candy instead.

rainbow baby

Post Fri, Jan 05 2007, 5:48 am
t eating rice cakes and in the morning preparing two containars one with lots of vegeatables in it and the other with lots of fruit in it. Then if you are hungry you can eat them and also be getting those valuable vitamins and min erals that you need for you and your growing baby. Also maybe get some small packs of raisans and nosh on them. Good luck. Wink

suomynona

Post Fri, Jan 05 2007, 5:52 am
shayna82 wrote:

In Chava Goldman's book, she says that's a dieting myth and it doesn't make a different what time you eat.

NotInNJMommy

Post Fri, Jan 05 2007, 8:58 am
I have looked into the GI Diet. IT's a low glycemic index diet. Discuss it with yoru Dr., but in general it's safe for pregnancy, just be sure you get all the nutrition you need. Focus more on not eating the "red light foods" and trying to only eat "green light foods" witha little "yelloiw light foods".

The biggest adjustment for me is that all refined carbs are OUT! But this also helps keep my digestion moving more easily, since that can get difficult during pregnancy.

Bc it's low glycemic, you basically get to eat all the time and there aren't big rises and crashes in blood sugar, which can make people esp pg women like me binge on the things that I don't need for my baby.

shayna82

Post Fri, Jan 05 2007, 9:12 am
suomynona wrote:
shayna82 wrote:

In Chava Goldman's book, she says that's a dieting myth and it doesn't make a different what time you eat.

thats great for chava goldman. However, Ive seen enough documented research studies backing this point up. it actually makes sense if you think about it.

person A eats 4 slices of pizza at 5:30 P.M. - and is then running around her house holding her kids and cleaningup from the days mess. when she goes to bed at 10:00 you can almost guarantee that is on its long way of goign through her system.

Person B eats 4 slices at 9:15, then take a shower and goes to bed an hour later. what do you think is going on with that pizza???? her body is not moving to let it do its job, which im sure its doing anyway, but on a much slower level. that way, more is getting absorbed into her body.

research it, youd be surprised what you come up with.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise