Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping
Ordering online from US/UK to Israel - re shipping costs

tamara00

Post Tue, Apr 30 2013, 1:01 am
Anyone have any good sites that offer free or reasonably priced shipping to Israel? I discovered iherb.com today (thanks to whichever imamother that was down to!) and I got to wondering whether anyone else has any ideas? My main issue is American/British brands that are so ridiculously expensive here in Israel that I usually have to wait till someone comes here and even then I don't like to bother people!

Thanks!

Judy

Post Tue, Apr 30 2013, 1:14 am
I was just on sears website and saw they do international shipping which includes israel, u'd have to ck shipping fees though. They sell all types of stuff also partners with othr stores kmart,landsend...ck it out.

5*Mom

Post Tue, Apr 30 2013, 1:28 am
I think there's a thread on this already. I buy books at bookdepository.com. Free shipping to Israel and their prices are usually the same, and sometimes better, than amazon, but occasionally they are higher. In that case, I order from Amazon, and wait till someone comes to bring it to me.

ray family

Post Tue, Apr 30 2013, 1:52 am
I've never ordered from them but I've heard that next has very reasonable shipping rates to Israel

edited to say I just checked their site and it says FREE shipping to Israel

"Next now deliver to your door in Israel free of charge."

tamara00

Post Sun, May 05 2013, 12:31 am
Thanks for your replies - will check them out!
Shavu'a tov Smile

ewa-jo

Post Sun, May 05 2013, 3:03 am
Ebay!!!! Most Ebay sellers will ship to Israel and will only charge you regular USPS shipping prices.... so sending a few bottles of makeup will be cheap and sending 20 pounds of kids clothes will be not-so-cheap, but you will have American brand makeup and kids clothes and not overpay for lesser-quality Israeli stuff.

If you're not a big Ebay shopper, I suggest that you check it out, most of what's sold there nowadays is brand-new stuff, mostly good brand names. It's unlikely that you will get some huge bargains (on brand new, brand-name stuff) but you will get a good price and (most importantly!!!) it can be shipped here for a reasonable cost.

Sure, you *can* get carters.com to ship kids clothes to Israel, but they charge an arm and a leg. If you find someone on ebay selling a few carters outfits (brand new with tags, probably stuff from last season) then they will send it to you here for a decent price.

shabbatiscoming

Post Sun, May 05 2013, 3:07 am
ewa-jo wrote:
Ebay!!!! Most Ebay sellers will ship to Israel and will only charge you regular USPS shipping prices.... so sending a few bottles of makeup will be cheap and sending 20 pounds of kids clothes will be not-so-cheap, but you will have American brand makeup and kids clothes and not overpay for lesser-quality Israeli stuff.

If you're not a big Ebay shopper, I suggest that you check it out, most of what's sold there nowadays is brand-new stuff, mostly good brand names. It's unlikely that you will get some huge bargains (on brand new, brand-name stuff) but you will get a good price and (most importantly!!!) it can be shipped here for a reasonable cost.

Sure, you *can* get carters.com to ship kids clothes to Israel, but they charge an arm and a leg. If you find someone on ebay selling a few carters outfits (brand new with tags, probably stuff from last season) then they will send it to you here for a decent price.
not if the thing is only shipped to US addresses. There are many things on ebay that will only ship to specific places.

ewa-jo

Post Sun, May 05 2013, 3:13 am
shabbatiscoming wrote:
ewa-jo wrote:

not if the thing is only shipped to US addresses. There are many things on ebay that will only ship to specific places.

I ignore the people who don't ship to Israel.. I don't even look at their listings... they might as well not exist.

If you don't sort your search results, it would probably seem really frustrating to see all this nice stuff that you can't buy.

When you do any kind of search on ebay, you have a bar at the top that sorts your search results (the default is 'best match' which is eBay's silly algorithm... if you sort by "price plus shipping: lowest first" or "price plus shipping: highest first" (and you have set your shipping address as Israel) then you will only see the results where the seller has set a shipping price to Israel.

It might also be a good idea to check out usps.com and get a ballpark idea of what the usps charges to ship a certain item overseas... so you will know if the seller is overcharging you on shipping or if they are being fair and just passing along usps's prices.

theoneandonly

Post Sun, May 05 2013, 7:42 am
Keep in mind that if you are having somewhat expensive items shipped to Israel you may have to pay meches (customs). I once ordered a textbook from ebay, the seller agreed to ship to Israel for free, but then I had to pay a few hundred shekel at the post office to get them to release my book...

tamara00

Post Thu, May 09 2013, 6:18 am
Thanks guys - I'm already an eBay fiend but its hard work unless you're 'in the zone'! I like the idea of checking out USPS prices to make sure I'm not being ripped off. Thanks for the tip!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics