Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping
Need advice

amother

Post Sun, May 12 2013, 9:54 am
Dear imamothers,
I could use some imamothers advice , this morning while I was shopping at the grocery store I saw some fashion-frum-good-looking woman at the store, and I realized that I was a shmatte, with dirty clothes caused by my kids....old shoes...I've feld sooo terrible Sad Before marriage I was looking ok, casual and neat, but now beeing a busy wife and mother BH I neglected myself for many years Sad ofcourse this is my fault, and I realy want to change, so I could feel much better about myself without the shame, especialy on shabbos, Yom Tov and simches.
Could somebody please tell me what's a must have in my garderobe? Like how many shabbos skirts?week clothing. How many shoes do you have ( I have like only 2 pairs, 1 old shoes for the week, 1 pair for shabbos)
TIA

usernamemom

Post Sun, May 12 2013, 10:02 am
Good for you- reclaim your hygiene and self-respect. You didn't mention a budget. IMHO, you don't need to be up to date fashion- just clean, comfortable stuff that helps you feel presentable and attractive. Even if you keep wearing the same few items, if you feel good in them, keep them in good repair, wear them with confidence and a smile, you will feel like a new lady:) It's not how many, how expensive, or how fashionable your stuff is- it's the sense of kavod you give it and yourself. So if you can afford it, find a friend with good taste (that is similar to yours), tell her your budget and goals, and ask her to accompany you on an excursion for your "makeover". Also- maybe it's not just clothing- if you feel like a shmatte who's lost herself in her parenting, maybe making some time to nourish yourself in other ways will help to- a hobby, listen to music, read a pleasure book, attend a shiur, etc. Good luck in your venture!

IMHopinion

Post Sun, May 12 2013, 10:18 am
Start with always looking clean, beat and put together, regardless of how much clothing you own.
Once you accomplish that, you can try to update your wardrobe to some prettier, more updated clothes.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics