Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management
Mother's Day prepping for Shavuot

Eemaof3

Post Sun, May 12 2013, 5:18 pm
My SILs who are not frum emailed today, hoping I was being treated royally on Mother's Day. Well, I have not cooked for the family today (brunch at shul and then fending for yourself) but I am doing laundry and shopping and cooking up a storm for Shavuot. Is this royal treatment? I know my dh is cooking dinner tonight, but I was the one who picked everything up for him to cook. I am not resentful, just amused I guess. Anyone else out there feel the same?
Happy Mother's Day to all!

timtam

Post Sun, May 12 2013, 8:11 pm
Yes! I had a very similar day. That's life, right?

MaBelleVie

Post Sun, May 12 2013, 8:14 pm
My dh worked and kids are too young to fend for themselves... Oh well!

Eemaof3

Post Sun, May 12 2013, 10:19 pm
It's a good thing I have learned not to be offended by dh. He just realized that they never gave me my cards or gift and the kids have all gone to bed. Gotta love 'em! Rolling Eyes At least he made a good dinner.

saw50st8

Post Sun, May 12 2013, 10:24 pm
My husband loaded and unloaded the dishwasher 6 times. 2 from shabbos, 2 from today's company (we had DH's family) and 2 from cooking for Shavuos.

We each went grocery shopping (I went to the fruit/veggie market, he went to the big grocery for assorted stuff).

My kids make projects in school :-)

I get a lot of love from my kids and they didn't wake me up too early in the morning (6 am is late for them LOL).

Revel in the little things.

gold21

Post Sun, May 12 2013, 10:37 pm
My kids made Mothers Day projects in school. But other than that, we didn't celebrate. My husband and I were so busy today, no time to party...!

anotherima

Post Sun, May 12 2013, 10:39 pm
Well they say "every day is mother's day!" Smile
If I wanted my husband would have taken me out to eat etc but who has time erev Yom Tov? I was thrilled with the sweet card he bought me. Enough for me.

amother

Post Sun, May 12 2013, 11:17 pm
worked a 12 hour shift. saw my kids awake for an hour before I left for work during the hectic breakfast and trying to get to work at the same time part of the day.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics