Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Pesach
Best Bargains for Pesach Getaways?

ShiraMiri

Post Sun, Jan 07 2007, 6:34 pm
Anyone have any tips for good bargains for family Pesach resorts?

chocolate moose

Post Mon, Jan 08 2007, 4:19 pm
Check out the Jewish Press.

cindy324

Post Mon, Jan 08 2007, 6:12 pm
bargains and pesach - I'd say that's an oxymoron LOL

Sorry, hun, no such thing!

queen

Post Mon, Jan 08 2007, 8:23 pm
cindy324 wrote:
bargains and pesach - I'd say that's an oxymoron LOL

Sorry, hun, no such thing!

I'd say bargains and resorts are an oxymoron!!!!!!!

bonzie

Post Mon, Jan 08 2007, 8:44 pm
we go to Greenwald Caterers, for peasach, I duno how much it is cuz im not paying but they say they have the best food spread ever! I happen to agree we've been to others and GC has the most food, last year they had in addition to a bunch of other stuff
-french toast
-macaroni and cheese
-pizza!!
and its all non gebrokts!! don't ask me how they do it but it doesn't feel like peasach at all!

bandcm

Post Mon, Jan 08 2007, 8:56 pm
bonzie wrote:
don't ask me how they do it but it doesn't feel like peasach at all!

how sad

bonzie

Post Mon, Jan 08 2007, 9:02 pm
bandcm wrote:
bonzie wrote:
don't ask me how they do it but it doesn't feel like peasach at all!

how sad

yup! I love going to my inlaws cuz they don't go away, whenever I go to them my siblings are like "ur so lucky! I wish I was married!!" e/o in my fam hates going away
its nice tho I get the best of both

chocolate moose

Post Mon, Jan 08 2007, 9:06 pm
I assume the OP means the best barsgain but still going away.

lubcoralsprings

Post Mon, Jan 08 2007, 9:16 pm
Dh calls pesach hotels a "crusie on land." My inlaws once went to one and had a great time. It was in Orlando and they went to Disney and all sorts of fun places. The food was amazing also. If Dh didn't have so many chumrahs, and we didn't have to pay school tuition then I'd be at a Pesach hotel in a heartbeat.

bonzie

Post Mon, Jan 08 2007, 9:19 pm
im actually a little bit nervous about it, cuz like how am I gona be at the seder and have my dd sleeping alone in a hotel room??

that's why e/o at our hotel brings their nannies, oh well I guess my nanny is left behind with my mansion, and jag Wink

dr pepper

Post Mon, Jan 08 2007, 10:48 pm
Resort? I don't think you'll find a bargain. But if you're going to a place with lots of hotel options for Pesach (ie Miami) you might be able to purchase meals for shabbos and yom tov only at a restaurant while staying at a more affordable hotel. You can also buy matzah, coldcuts, cream cheese, fruit, etc, and eat the chol hamoed meals on your own.

Compare airfares on a site such as kayak.com. Consider flying a layover flight if you're not traveling with a bunch of kids.

On the way back, book a cheaper late night flight. But check out of your hotel in the morning and store your baggage there. Then see if you can find an activity to do during the day that will allow you to get back in time.

Post Tue, Jan 09 2007, 10:12 am
There are some cheap hotels in Isreal (ie. outside of Yerushalayim), but you gotta take the airfare into consideration. My parents are going to Ashkelon - too bad they're not taking us along Sad

bonzie

Post Tue, Jan 09 2007, 10:18 am
613 wrote:
There are some cheap hotels in Isreal (ie. outside of Yerushalayim), but you gotta take the airfare into consideration. My parents are going to Ashkelon - too bad they're not taking us along Sad

yes I have an aunt that is went somewhere really cheap in israel, bcz it was one of the hotel's first years doing peasach, she took all her married children, I think it was around 800 dollars pp, (but I think that was for only first days and chalamoid, not second days)

ShiraMiri

Post Tue, Jan 09 2007, 11:27 am
Thanks for the suggestions and remarks. We make pesach at home but have always talked of going away one year. We probably won't go away, but I figured I'd ask around and see if I am missing anything obvious. The big resorts that advertise are really costly.

Kmommy18

Post Tue, Jan 09 2007, 11:43 am
Hey Marney I'm glad you asked cuz I was also looking for someplace not too expensive... guess we're stuck though, huh? I actually did some research and most hotels run anywhere between 2000-5000 dollars per person for the entire pesach! I really wanted to go away this year because I refuse to go to my inlaws and dh refuses to go to my parents and I really don't want to make pesach at home while 7 months pregnant IYH...

dr pepper

Post Tue, Jan 09 2007, 11:47 am
We did Miami for 2 people for about $3000, including a day trip to Orlando.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics