Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping -> Household Products, Kitchen Appliances, Furniture & Cars
Bunk Beds

IndyMom

Post Tue, Dec 27 2005, 10:12 pm
I want to buy a new bed for my 3.5 year old. I feel like I should buy a stackable bunk bed so that him and his 2.5 year old brother will eventually be able to "bunk". Does anyone have good advice about shopping for bunk beds or know of a good place to buy one?

shanie5

Post Tue, Dec 27 2005, 11:06 pm
you wrote "stackable". just putting my 2 cents in. its better if by stackable you mean they can also separate into 2 beds. that feature may come in handy someday.

chanala

Post Tue, Dec 27 2005, 11:36 pm
IKEA - although I wasn't looking for stackable, I was looking for lofts and then decided against it - but they appeared to be very reasonably priced!

http://www.ikea.com/webapp/wcs.....15558*15617*15619&categoryId=15619&cattype=sub

It looks like only the Hemnes is stackable...

IndyMom

Post Wed, Dec 28 2005, 7:50 am
yes, I want them to be able to be pulled apart and used as two seperate beds since my kids are under 5 and I don't think they are allowed to sleep on a top bunk until they are five. I would buy them and use them as two seperate beds for now and then ina year and a half when my older son is 5 I will stack them and have room to add another bed to their room for my (now) 6 mo. old daughter.

chen

Post Thu, Jan 26 2006, 12:14 pm
CPSC says no top bunking till age 6. Chen says wait till even later if your 6-y/o is small for his age.

goldrose

Post Thu, Jan 26 2006, 12:43 pm
what are you looking for? metal? wooden? good qualilty expensive? simple quality? used? new?

goldrose

Post Thu, Jan 26 2006, 1:01 pm
here are some examples of used ones available:
http://newyork.craigslist.org/......html

http://newyork.craigslist.org/......html

zigi

Post Thu, Jan 26 2006, 1:14 pm
watch out with ikea I heard that they break. my dh has a friend whose bunk bed broke he said better to by good quality, I bought ans asheley bunk bed for 800 that came with mattresses

IndyMom

Post Fri, Jan 27 2006, 12:36 pm
Thank you everyone. I bought stackable bunk beds that are wood and sturdy and not to expensive. I think the company is trendwood. Right now they are apart so the kids each have their own single bed. I will stack themin a few years.

AlwaysGrateful

Post Thu, Jun 06 2013, 11:52 am
I'm also looking for stackable bunk beds. Can anyone give me info on one that they've used and liked? Willing to spend a bit more on something that will last, but don't want to pay a crazy amount...

TIA!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Shopping -> Household Products, Kitchen Appliances, Furniture & Cars