Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management
Does anyone have a Roomba?

amother

Post Mon, Jun 10 2013, 8:35 pm
Ok, I'm sure some of you do Wink

Can you tell me your thoughts on it?

seeker

Post Mon, Jun 10 2013, 9:18 pm
I don't but I fantasize about it. I'm skeptical about it being as wonderful as it claims to be, and it's probably an energy hog, so I think I enjoy the fantasy more. I can never seem to stay on top of floor cleaning, especially nowadays with little ones at home there is always junk all over, so sweeping or mopping means first rounding up the toys and...

persephonefalls

Post Tue, Jun 11 2013, 12:13 am
We have one! We would never have bought it for ourselves, but when our neighbors moved they gave theirs to us. We love it! It's pretty great--we set it going at night, and come downstairs the next day to a clear floor.

slushiemom

Post Tue, Jun 11 2013, 3:34 am
I had one, I sold it. it's more annoying to set it up than to just grab the broom and do a quick sweep.

Amital

Post Tue, Jun 11 2013, 5:24 am
We had one until our most recent move (to a country with different electrical). We loved it - ran it every night on the main floor, and usually in one room a day extra. You do have to pick up the big stuff, but you'd have to do that to vacuum, too, so it's not a big deal. My kids named him and I miss having our Roomba!

(We had an all hardwood main floor, but it went under the couches, up on the rugs, under the table, etc...no problem. And we used it on our carpeted rooms with no issues as well.)

Dolly Welsh

Post Tue, Jun 11 2013, 8:20 am
How much noise does it make?

Sugar plum

Post Tue, Jun 11 2013, 9:59 am
I have one. It's very functional if you always pick up the toys, etc. then you can just put it on and forget it. It's not as loud as a conventional vacuum but definitely not quiet.
One reccomendation, do not watch it clean. It will drive you crazy because it passes dirt only to come back to it later. It's best to put it on at night or when you'll be out of the house.

Simple1

Post Tue, Jun 11 2013, 10:10 am
I had a roomba at one time. It does the job, but probably not as perfectly as someone using a high quality vacuum that might have better suction powers and with extensions to get in corners etc. It does need maintenance, like cleaning and/or changing certain parts like the brush, filter and rechargeable battery.

Regarding watching it clean - we found that it's very entertaining to watch when you first get it, I guess when the novelty wears off, it's best to leave it to go on its own.

I don't remember it making that much noise, but it's not totally quiet.

doublemama

Post Tue, Jun 11 2013, 10:55 am
I love my roomba! It is somewhat noisy, but significantly less than a regular vacuum. Ours gets stuck under the couch sometimes so we have to sort of block the way if we aren't going to be home when it was running. I have found it deep cleans fairly well, runs for about an hour, and ours needs to be emptied every 3 or 4 days. I clean the brushes every few days as well, it really extends their life span! It does NOT run on black carpet though. You also need to keep things picked up or it gets jammed with small toys, pencils, things like that. I am not sure how it would be for a house but it keeps our 3 bedroom apartment nice and vacuumed.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics