Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children
New "Kid At Risk"book out

amother

Post Sat, Jan 13 2007, 6:12 pm
I won't say his name, but it really advocates more of a hands on parenting style than actually preventing kids at risk, IMO. I emailed him my thoughts but he didn't respond.

I see it's a hot seller and that he's speaking about his book and obviously ppl think he's so wonderful -

Believe me, I took time and patience and care with my kids! How come I don't have the results his book seems to promisea?

amother

Post Sat, Jan 13 2007, 6:25 pm
R' Yakov Horowitz claims that in most cases these children have experienced abuse. Where did I read it? Not sure whether this week's Jewish Press or Hamodia. I think The Jewish Press.

shopaholic

Post Sat, Jan 13 2007, 10:09 pm
Wonder if it's DH's friend's new book. We bought one from him the other week but I haven't had a chance to read it.

Imaonwheels

Post Sun, Jan 14 2007, 4:50 am

mama247

Post Mon, Jan 15 2007, 11:39 am
amother wrote:
I won't say his name, but it really advocates more of a hands on parenting style than actually preventing kids at risk, IMO. I emailed him my thoughts but he didn't respond.

I see it's a hot seller and that he's speaking about his book and obviously ppl think he's so wonderful -

Believe me, I took time and patience and care with my kids! How come I don't have the results his book seems to promisea?

You started a thread about his new book, but you won't say his name??? I'm confused. How am I supposed to have any idea what you're talking about? It's a book! It's not something private he said or did!!!

amother

Post Mon, Jan 15 2007, 11:50 am
It's Rabbi daniel Schonbach's book.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics