Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children
Places to change a diaper in your house
Previous  1  2

Where do you change your child's diaper in you home?
Only on the changing table in thier room  
 14%  [ 9 ]
Any spot I can find in the house allowed by halacha  
 62%  [ 39 ]
On a changing pad on my bed  
 11%  [ 7 ]
In the bathroom  
 1%  [ 1 ]
Other  
 9%  [ 6 ]
Total Votes : 62

Pickle Lady

Post Thu, Jan 11 2007, 10:53 am
miriam wrote:
I think it depends on the age of the baby. Only nursing babies' diapers can be changed anywhere. When they start eating from the 7 minim, then they can't be changed in front of seforim, davening, etc.

I guess thats why changing in the bathroom is the safest. I always wondered about that in regards to changing in the kids room since many poeple have the custom to keep certain seferim in their room. Because I can't change in them in the bathroom (there really is no room) I don't keep seforim in thier room but maybe I should. Has anyone talked to a rav regarding this?

shininglight

Post Thu, Jan 11 2007, 11:05 am
What kind of seforim are you talking about?

frayda

Post Thu, Jan 11 2007, 11:07 am
We don't have any seforim in our bedroom, and there's no room in our bathroom - so I think I'm okay. Wink

momofgirls

Post Thu, Jan 11 2007, 11:08 am
where I find a spot to change floor, bed, coach etc.

chocolate moose

Post Thu, Jan 11 2007, 11:24 am
Now, if s/o visits with a baby, they have to use the bathroom to change sinc ethe changing table is long since given away. Our bathroom is prety small, though . . .

I did notice once a m other changing on our couch, and believe me, that was NOT appreciated !!!!

bandcm

Post Thu, Jan 11 2007, 11:36 am
I use our beds or couches in the kids´ rooms, not the leather living room couches.
Our floors are all stone, so I wouldn´t change there.
Maybe on the rug in the baby´s room, but it´s annoying to get down on the floor.
The really funny thing is that without meaning to and completely subconsciously, my husband always changes diapers on my bed, and I always change diapers on his bed.
I wouldn´t use couches in other people´s houses, except my parents´.

TzenaRena

Post Thu, Jan 11 2007, 12:03 pm
chocolate moose wrote:
Now, if s/o visits with a baby, they have to use the bathroom to change sinc ethe changing table is long since given away. Our bathroom is prety small, though . . .

I did notice once a m other changing on our couch, and believe me, that was NOT appreciated !!!!

Yup choc. that must have been annoying, especially since it was amother! Tongue Out

Quote:
The really funny thing is that without meaning to and completely subconsciously, my husband always changes diapers on my bed, and I always change diapers on his bed.
Yup, I used to change it on his bed, but not so subconsciously Wink
to give myself the benefit of the doubt, I'll say that it was probably because of the laundry on mine? (who wants to mess up folded laundry Wink )

chocolate moose

Post Thu, Jan 11 2007, 12:29 pm
lol, tr

mtb18

Post Thu, Jan 11 2007, 12:31 pm
I change my DD diaper almost anywhere she will let me, being that she likes to run as soon as I come near her. Usually its on my bed or my DH bed, the couch or floor.

lucky

Post Thu, Jan 11 2007, 12:44 pm
So am I the only one who uses the top of the dryer? It is the perfect height, easy to clean, usually nice and warm too. I keep an old towel on the dryer just for this.

bandcm

Post Thu, Jan 11 2007, 5:49 pm
That´s funny - lucky, you reminded me of a girl I once knew, whose mother used to put them on top of the washing machine if they misbehaved.

shoy18

Post Thu, Jan 11 2007, 7:24 pm
I change him only one the changer, and if Im in someone elses house Ill look for a changer before changing him anywhere else.

MyKidsRQte

Post Thu, Jan 11 2007, 8:18 pm
usually the first available bed becomes my changing table

TzenaRena

Post Thu, Jan 11 2007, 8:22 pm
bandcm wrote:
That´s funny - lucky, you reminded me of a girl I once knew, whose mother used to put them on top of the washing machine if they misbehaved.
and that reminds me of a four yr. old nephew who was having a good time kicking me, because I wouldn't let him fight with his sister. I put his shoes (not him!) on top of the refrigerator!

mumoo

Post Thu, Jan 11 2007, 9:38 pm
TzenaRena wrote:
not in front of the Shabbos candles. that's from Kitzur Dinei Uminhagei Neiros Shabbos kodesh, by Rabbi Dubov.

also in a room with shaimos (beis medrash, seforim room)

Also, you know those clear mezuzah cases? If they are on a room where you change diapers, you should put an opaque (paper) cover inside the case to 'hide' the scroll

ny21

Post Sun, Jan 14 2007, 7:34 pm
when my kids were younger = I had three in diapers
so I had a chaniging table downstairs
and one upstairs

Tefila

Post Sun, Jan 14 2007, 7:50 pm
Quote:
I put his shoes (not him!) on top of the refrigerator!

r u sure Twisted Evil

amother

Post Sun, Jan 14 2007, 10:57 pm
amother wrote:
for all your mothers out there whose husband actually change the baby's diapers........I'm jealous! the day that my husband would ever change a diaper is the day that I'll eat my hat.

omg, same here! we have got to find some way to make husbands change diapers! I've got some really crazy stories, and my first is only 4 months old! once when he was babysitting, and the diaper leaked, he bundled the baby up and walked for 15 minutes to his mothers house! (his mother thought it was cute. I was not amused to put it mildly) another time he called me when I was about to get on the highway to come back home cuz "the baby smells"

he wont even stay in the room when I am about to change a diaper!

ps - cute, my fil apologized for not training his son properly. HE changes HIS kids diapers...

Goldrose6

Post Sun, Jan 14 2007, 11:39 pm
I always change on my lap whether a new born or a 2 year old that way I know I have the best control of my kids (can't run off with out a diaper)

JRKmommy

Post Mon, Jan 15 2007, 12:50 am
We've got a long counter in the bathroom with room for a change pad, so that's where I change any "messy" diapers. Wet diapers are often just changed on the go. I find the bathroom ideal - no diaper genie stinking up the baby's room, no potential to get mess anywhere that can't be cleaned easily, and the sink is right there if the baby needs an urgent washing.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics