Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping
What's your favorite thing to buy at TRADER JOES?
Previous  1  2

Blueberry Muffin

Post Mon, Jul 01 2013, 12:51 pm
DANSFAN wrote:
Dukkah. a spice and seed mixture found in the spice section. delicious on challah!

ooh never heard of or saw that... will have to check it out...
what color is it? what spice and seeds?

calaflower

Post Mon, Jul 01 2013, 2:23 pm
Yaeli- we were DEVASTATED when they discontinued the chickenless nuggets!!! Guess what? They now have chickenless fingers that are even better! It's sold in a small package (not a box) in the frozen section. Just ask for it.
We also love their breads -esp the ww rye bread, and the fiber bars , yummm

yamz

Post Mon, Jul 01 2013, 3:26 pm
Calaflower, thanks for the tip about the chickenless fingers. I can't wait to go get some.

I love to buy:
cereal - joe's Os and corn flakes and rice crispies
Israeli sheep's milk feta
garlic marinara
grape tomatoes
sesame oil
basmati rice
50% salt roasted almonds
frozen mango chunks

Blueberry Muffin

Post Mon, Jul 01 2013, 4:16 pm
calaflower wrote:
Yaeli- we were DEVASTATED when they discontinued the chickenless nuggets!!! Guess what? They now have chickenless fingers that are even better! It's sold in a small package (not a box) in the frozen section. Just ask for it.
We also love their breads -esp the ww rye bread, and the fiber bars , yummm

I haven't been to TJ's in a while - I just happened to have taken out two packages of the chickenless nuggets for dinner tonight from my freezer...

what color is the chickenless fingers? I'll look for them.

I liked the trader joes brand licorise - but that is discontinued as well

I like theirtoasted seseme oil, bathroom citrus spray, individual sweetened popcorn bags, chocolate drizzled popcorn, my kids luv the chocolate oatmeal bars in blue box, some of the tj cereals, fruits and vegis, Sara Bee Bubble wine, frozen herb squares (cheaper than supermarket), tofuti ice cream (waaaay better than any parve ice cream I have ever tasted), chocolate covered edemame, chocolate covered coffee beans, I used to like the pizza dough - but it is no longer kosher from the tj's I go to..., I like their cocktail sauce, TJ brand toffuti cream cheese

newatthis

Post Mon, Jul 01 2013, 8:26 pm
something that noone mentioned- their flavored pastas

amother

Post Mon, Jul 01 2013, 10:12 pm
Is there a Trader Joes in Brooklyn, or is there a way to get the pareve ice cream/sorbet back to Brooklyn without disintegrating?

What brand is the pareve ice cream/sorbet that are the favorites? They only have this brand in Trader Joe?

pesek zman

Post Mon, Jul 01 2013, 10:34 pm
amother wrote:
Is there a Trader Joes in Brooklyn, or is there a way to get the pareve ice cream/sorbet back to Brooklyn without disintegrating?

What brand is the pareve ice cream/sorbet that are the favorites? They only have this brand in Trader Joe?

Trader Joes make their own products (that are not sold anywhere else)

I think there is one somewhere in Brooklyn, but you could always do what my parents do: go to the supermarket with a cooler in the trunk, that way, regardless of the dairy and frozen foods you buy, you never have to worry

mvp

Post Mon, Jul 01 2013, 10:44 pm
I always get cereals for DH, the ones with all the randome stuff mixed in, and fruit ices, pareve ice cream, chummus, lavash chips, spices, tartar souse, all diff types of nuts, tofu (most of these things are cheapest there, and taste best)

bigsis144

Post Mon, Jul 01 2013, 11:09 pm
amother wrote:

There's a Trader Joes in the Park Slope-ish area, on Court St.. It's in a beautiful old building that used to be a bank or govt. building -- the ceilings are really high and covered in gorgeous mosaics.
When I was doing jury duty at the Kings County courthouse a while back, I would walk there during my lunch break to reward myself for sitting through the hours of monotonous waiting (I went in for 6 days all together and they ended up settling out of court!!)

Parking is crazy in that area. I usually have to circle around for 10 minutes at least before finding a spot 3 blocks away... so I often go with a friend or sibling so that she can wait with the groceries at the store while I get the car and circle back to the front of the store to load the car. I lived in Flatbush, and my frozen stuff pretty much stayed frozen for the ride home. They pack the bags well there, with the cold things all together to keep the cold in.

daisy

Post Mon, Jul 01 2013, 11:31 pm
TJ's is one of my favorite stores. Some things we like are pasta, peanut butter, chips and salsa, pretzels, chumus, tofu, refrigerated almond milk, medjool dates, fruits and veggies, flowers, organic mints, etc.

They had a 70%, kosher, pareve chocolate that they discontinued. They also recently discontinued their rice cakes, which we loved. Sad

They are so nice there. They help elderly people carry groceries to their cars, and they've helped me after I've had a baby. Once I was talking to the cashier about stores in NY where people get their groceries delivered, and he was telling me how when they opened their store in NY they had to hire extra staff just to handle deliveries and it was a whole new experience for their company!

bonitag1

Post Tue, Jul 02 2013, 12:35 am
I like the things everyone else said (sesame oil, olive oil, feta cheese, hummus, cereal, raisins and nuts, sparkling water, frozen fruit pops, soy ice cream, etc.) plus a few more things: whole wheat pretzel sticks, vegetable broth boxes, frozen pre-cooked rice (TJ's brand Rice Medley and also, Brown Rice --both OU--each contains a 3 pack, just microwave the packet for a few minutes and serve), vanilla extract, canned marinara sauce, canned salmon and tuna. Also their eggs are usually the cheapest around. And they carry the Empire 1/2 turkey breast (bone-in) and Empire ground turkey, which I can't always find elsewhere.

sunflower919

Post Tue, Jul 02 2013, 9:29 am
Sesame oil, flat breads, veggie chips (same kind like the Terra brand but cheaper).

preempservices

Post Tue, Jul 02 2013, 10:50 am
I didn't see Rice Milk - 1/2 price of what I pay in local stores!
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics