Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen
Cleaning up from Shabbos -- Kitchen and DR
Previous  1  2

How long to clean up Kitchen and DR from Shabbos?
an hour  
 55%  [ 24 ]
two hours or more  
 16%  [ 7 ]
I'm not finished till Sunday morning  
 27%  [ 12 ]
Total Votes : 43

Emuna

Post Tue, Jan 16 2007, 1:47 pm
Am I the only one who can hardly move after Shabbos? Between the cooking then the entertaining and taking care of the children Friday night, and then the cleaning Shabbos morning to get ready for the day guests and taking care of the kids? I literally need a day of recovery on Sunday. How can all of you seem so "spritely" after Shabbos?

Are there any shluchas out there who could give me some of their personal pointers?

chocolate moose

Post Tue, Jan 16 2007, 3:54 pm
Sure I'm tired. I'm tired on Sundays, too. We've discussed this before!

amother

Post Tue, Jan 16 2007, 4:14 pm
I use a crockpot for the chulent so it's so easy to clean(it's ceramic)

mimsy7420

Post Tue, Jan 16 2007, 4:17 pm
Mine is also ceramic, but it's still a pain to clean.

chocolate moose

Post Tue, Jan 16 2007, 4:21 pm
one friend uses the liner bags . . I have a box minus one if someone wants to try it out.

jba

Post Tue, Jan 16 2007, 5:02 pm
on a really really bad week - I can have dishes to do on Wednesday! so not proud of it! dh and I are youth advisors so sat night and sun are busy days...mon I go to work....you get the picture. but I have been getting better! yay me!

Tefila

Post Tue, Jan 16 2007, 6:16 pm
Quote:
How long does it take you? Do you get busy right after Havdalah? Do you want to relax a bit before you tackle it all? Do you serve Melave Malka before you've cleaned up? Or do you clean up first? And how long does it take?

Motzai shabbosi I go on on strike Exclamation (Uh I try to atleast) Tongue Out Tongue Out Tongue Out Tongue Out

TzenaRena

Post Tue, Jan 16 2007, 6:54 pm
Tefilah, me too! At least for a good two hours. I just cleaned off, and everyone already claims to be starving. Confused I serve tea and cake after havdalah. Then I beg off for at least an hour. After that, I cook something light for Melave Malka.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen