Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping
Best quality opaque tights please!

amother

Post Thu, Jul 18 2013, 7:10 am
I am looking to know which opaque tights you are getting like nude or nature color, in brooklyn, that doesn't wrip after 2-3 times u wear it! I bought till now MELAS microfiber opaque control top tights natural , it is $5 something each and after 2-3 times they get holes or get torn... thank you!

smilethere

Post Thu, Jul 18 2013, 7:53 am
I was going to recommend the Melas, I find them really long wearing. Maybe you are washing them too hot or wearing a size too small. I have been using them for quite a few years, and they last for months.

kb

Post Thu, Jul 18 2013, 8:18 am
I don't know if they have them in beige colors, but there is a hosiery store on 13th avenue that carries the most amazing, comfortable opaque tights that don't rip (often) for 3.99 each. I don't remember their name, but they are on the side of Eichler's but a few blocks away. It's in the middle of the block - one of the stores that the door is further in than the display window. I think it has a purple sign. (It's been a while since I've bought them. As I said, they last!)

smiledr

Post Thu, Jul 18 2013, 9:45 am
Levante is the best they never rip!!

preempservices

Post Thu, Jul 18 2013, 10:25 am
amother wrote:
I am looking to know which opaque tights you are getting like nude or nature color, in brooklyn, that doesn't wrip after 2-3 times u wear it! I bought till now MELAS microfiber opaque control top tights natural , it is $5 something each and after 2-3 times they get holes or get torn... thank you!

The proprietress of my local hosiery store agrees - Melas rip easily. It is worth spending a little more for Levante if you like the color.

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Thu, Jul 18 2013, 11:37 am
1. George microfiber tights in Camel color is very, very opaque, but looks ok on some skin tones and not obviously like a fake shade. EXCELLENT quality.

2. L'Eggs Sheer Energy has a lot of thickness and strength to it as it provides support throughout the leg and I find if you get the right size (worth it to size up) they can last a really long time. Nice, normal shade.

amother

Post Thu, Jul 18 2013, 11:53 am
I get the ones from Shamayim that are skin colored. You can change their color if you sit them in the sun. They last for around 120 yrs. Wink

amother

Post Thu, Jul 18 2013, 11:59 am
berkshire but they do rip easily
macys.com

sneakermom

Post Thu, Jul 18 2013, 12:22 pm
On thirteenth avenue a block from eichler just like the op above described sells a great stocking in little color for 1.99. They last quite well and look really good.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics