Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise
Help me understand this diet!

IMHopinion

Post Mon, Jul 22 2013, 11:35 am
I was a relative's house the other day. I know she's crazy about dieting, looks, and being very skinny.
I went out at noon for some lunch and offered to bring her something back. All she wanted was a coffee without sugar. No food.
I know she's like that all the time. She basically lives on coffee and lettuce. She doesn't eat all day. Salad for breakfast, coffee, coffe, coffee, and some small protein in the afternoon.

I'm wondering if any of you ladies are that way? Do you like this kind of diet? Is it hard for you? Do you like yourselves? Do you do this out of social pressure? Do you have friends who enjoy hanging out with you?

I don't want to hurt anybody, but I'm really curious how people live this way. Many of us are on strict diets all the time, but never a small treat? Never a sandwich? A little snack? How do people live so extreme?

etky

Post Mon, Jul 22 2013, 12:07 pm
It's very sad to see how fear of overeating and preoccupation with being thin can dominate a person's life and prevent them from getting both proper nutrition and enjoyment from food which is one of the major sensual pleasures in life.
Sounds like your relative is borderline anorexic. It is not normal eating behavior.

chani8

Post Mon, Jul 22 2013, 12:15 pm
Sounds like an eating disorder to me.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise