Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children
Weird to have girls beds touching at the feet- end to end?

amother

Post Thu, Jul 18 2013, 9:48 pm
Is is strange or normal to have two girls (sisters- young kids) beds along the same wall touching end to end? we would have them be feet to feet probably, so each one has their head at the wall. Understand what I'm describing?

does that look odd?

amother

Post Thu, Jul 18 2013, 9:56 pm
You mean L-shaped? I've seen it a lot of times. My in-laws have that in their bungalow, in the kids' room. Makes the room look bigger, I guess. When couples come, my mil just swings one around so they are parallel with a chair between them.

greenfire

Post Thu, Jul 18 2013, 9:58 pm
is there no room anywhere else ... could be crowded or it could give the feel like the rest of the room is free for play - all depends on the user

FranticFrummie

Post Thu, Jul 18 2013, 9:59 pm
Why not head to head? Are they prone to poking each other? Is there a headboard in the way?

I think I read somewhere about not having feet pointing towards the door, because that is the way they carry a dead body out (CVS).

amother

Post Thu, Jul 18 2013, 10:01 pm
Not L-shaped, but straight across along the same wall, like one long line.

FF- the inyan is not to have the head facing the door.
Here, neither head nor feet would be facing the door. Not near door.

oliveoil

Post Thu, Jul 18 2013, 10:02 pm
Nothing weird about it.

(and the problem is having the feet facing the door)

gila-rina

Post Thu, Jul 18 2013, 10:06 pm
Do the beds have footboards? If not, I would do something on the wall to visually separate the sleeping places. Personally, I would be more concerned about kids letting each other sleep, than the bed placement.

zaq

Post Sun, Jul 21 2013, 1:26 pm
Why would you think that's weird? If they were a married couple, maybe...

vicki

Post Tue, Jul 23 2013, 11:46 am
I grew up rooming with my sister and I would have been content to leave our beds the way our parents set them up when we were six or seven.
But my sister, the interior designer, changed our room around every month or two from the time she was around 9.
I seem to remember sleeping toe to toe during one of her excercises.
No big deal. It left more space to play in the rest of the room compared to if our beds had extended to the center of the room.

chani8

Post Tue, Jul 23 2013, 12:47 pm
Nothing wrong with that! We used to do all kinds of squishing. We had 11 people in a 3 bedroom house! Everyone had a bed/crib, but some only had 3/4 of the length. We built our own beds, custom to fit the room, every which way, in levels/bunks. My kids were little kids and didn't mind at all.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics