Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management
Do frum women get more help than non frum women?
Previous  1  2  3  4  5

etky

Post Tue, Jul 30 2013, 12:41 pm
Tablepoetry wrote:
etky wrote:

I don't know about you but I've already begun to think about what and when I will cook for the Chagim, who I'll be having over and how I'll organize the freezer to store everything for the 6 meals.

OT - but do you actually do all the coooking for such a long chag beforehand? Why not do some simple cooking on the second yom tov? I even know people who bbq on the second yom tov, anything to avoid so many similar meals.

Yeah, there are plenty of people here too who go the BBQ route but it's not our thing for chag. My objective is to do the least amount of cooking and food prep on the chag itself so that I don't have to think about it. I will of course do an eruv tavshilin and maybe make a couple of simple things fresh for Shabbat on the afternoon of the second day but that's it. I do make one or two simpler meals, like a parve fish meal for one of the lunches, depending on the year and on our entertaining schedule, but even those I like to plan out beforehand and have pretty much ready before the chag. Shul is so long on Rosh Hashana- the last thing I want to have to do is rush home and start fussing with the food, especially if there are guests coming. I even plan salads that can be made ahead and sit in the fridge so it's one less thing to worry about.
Page 5 of 5 Previous  1  2  3  4  5 Recent Topics