Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
Bais Frieda flatbush nursery- do you recommend?
1  2  3  Next

amother

Post Sun, Nov 28 2010, 9:10 am
hi, I saw an ad for Bais Frieda school for boys and girls, nursery: 2 yrs old. after school program 2:00-5:00. does anyone know what the regular hours are?
what's the price?
does it include food?
it says "in the heart of flatbush" where exactly is it?
also, how do people usually enroll in preschool?
what is the hashkafa and kashrus?
would you recommend it?
thank you

wispalover

Post Thu, Dec 30 2010, 9:38 am
bump.. does anyone have info about this???

amother

Post Wed, May 04 2011, 4:54 pm
Does anybody have any information about this nursery? What about other playgroups in the Avenue M and Ocean Parkway area?

amother

Post Mon, Aug 05 2013, 5:41 pm
bump. Any experiences with this nursery? Also, is the after school program only for the children attending, or do they have children coming from other places?

amother

Post Mon, Aug 05 2013, 5:57 pm
It's on M and N and east 10th. I hear it's very warm but it's a bit of a hodgepodge with tons going on and a lot of kid to teacher ratio. I would drop in to see what it's like.

amother

Post Thu, Aug 08 2013, 11:30 pm
someone took down a few posts here.
I would NOT recommend. I know quite a few parents who were very upset how it's run and took out their kids. She basically runs her own agency for OT, PT, SEE-IT, ETC and "refers" kids to it to the BOE. (More of like blackmailing/nudging/guilting them into it - Kids who do not really need these services at all (parents were told by the therapists) ) Some teachers are good but no one is great. It will just take one annoyed parent to report what is going on to BOE before it's shut down.

bookie

Post Fri, Aug 09 2013, 3:32 am
My son is in camp there now and im very happy there. If u want more details please pm me.

amother
Pumpkin

Post Mon, Nov 13 2017, 2:51 pm
Bump

chocolatecake

Post Mon, Nov 13 2017, 3:15 pm
I sent kids there in the past and was happy. They feed the kids breakfast lunch and snack which is great and they have after hours till 6.

amother
Coffee

Post Mon, Nov 13 2017, 3:17 pm
I have worked there briefly and would never send. That’s a personal opinion though. Check It out for yourself. I would never send my child to be in the care of someone who is in it for the money...

cnc

Post Mon, Nov 13 2017, 3:36 pm
amother wrote:
I have worked there briefly and would never send. That’s a personal opinion though. Check It out for yourself. I would never send my child to be in the care of someone who is in it for the money...

Are other day cares running for other reasons than money?

amother
Coffee

Post Mon, Nov 13 2017, 3:38 pm
cnc wrote:
Are other day cares running for other reasons than money?

That’s why I send to private Morah’s who actually care about the children in their care and are not looking at their phones all day waiting for th paycheck. Some people actually work with children because they enjoy it.

amother
Pumpkin

Post Mon, Nov 13 2017, 4:32 pm
Does she keep the 2 and 3 year olds in separate classes? What is the student to teacher ratio?
What is the curriculum? Does she do parsha and other Jewish stuff?

Jk2018

Post Mon, Nov 13 2017, 4:44 pm
I send there now and love it. My son is two. 13 kids per class so its really nice. They do parsha weekly and my two yr old comes home telling me the parsha of the week and that Avraham had four doors on his tent Smile the extended hours are till six. Food is kosher and she does not serve meat other than chicken for kashrut reasons. Everything is cholov yisroel.

amother
Pearl

Post Mon, Nov 13 2017, 5:00 pm
amother wrote:
That’s why I send to private Morah’s who actually care about the children in their care and are not looking at their phones all day waiting for th paycheck. Some people actually work with children because they enjoy it.

Those Morahs are doing it for the money too. Doesn’t mean they don’t care about the kids.

JustAFrumMom

Post Mon, Feb 04 2019, 6:14 am
I know this thread is old but adding for anyone who might search it. My son started there right after he turned three. He did the camp program and now goes to the day program. He is special needs and this was known before we went to this school. I don’t know that they refer kids who don’t need services. They keep the special needs class separate and it’s very small with a high teacher ratio. My autistic son has come out if his shell and excelled there. His Morahs will call is when he’s sick to check on him. He loves going. He’s been able to cite parsha facts at the Shabbos table. He’s improved his speech and his ability to transition tasks. They bake, do art, sing and play outside. He learns letters and numbers, Hebrew and English. I can’t speak for the rest of the school, but the special needs class is great. I highly recommend it.

morahlieberman

Post Wed, Mar 06 2019, 6:27 am
amother wrote:
someone took down a few posts here.
I would NOT recommend. I know quite a few parents who were very upset how it's run and took out their kids. She basically runs her own agency for OT, PT, SEE-IT, ETC and "refers" kids to it to the BOE. (More of like blackmailing/nudging/guilting them into it - Kids who do not really need these services at all (parents were told by the therapists) ) Some teachers are good but no one is great. It will just take one annoyed parent to report what is going on to BOE before it's shut down.

Can you please elaborate on "It will just take one annoyed parent to report what is going on to BOE before it's shut down." What does that mean? I was thinking of sending my child here, but not if they're meshuggeneh.

amother
Aqua

Post Wed, Mar 06 2019, 9:49 am
Anyone has current info on Bais Frieda? I'm thinking about sending my baby who will be 2 this summer there for summer program. Please comment. Thanks.

amother
Aqua

Post Wed, Mar 06 2019, 6:10 pm
Anyone? Please

JustAFrumMom

Post Wed, Mar 06 2019, 6:13 pm
The summer program is cute. They don’t do trips. They play games and bake a lot. They also playin the sprinklers outside. It depends what you are looking for.
Page 1 of 3 1  2  3  Next Recent Topics