Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
Seeking Boston hotel advice

Mommycookies

Post Fri, Aug 09 2013, 12:54 pm
I am looking for a hotel in Boston- I will have a car and I heard that it is difficult to drive as it is very urban. Which hotels are located near train? Where is Burlington-Lexington area in relation to attractions?

imasinger

Post Fri, Aug 09 2013, 1:38 pm
In the Lexington area, there are some sites of historical interest, but you are pretty far from the city.

The bulk of the Jewish community, shuls, kosher restaurants, etc. are in the Brookline/Brighton area.

Feel free to pm me with more questions if you want.

amother

Post Fri, Aug 09 2013, 3:37 pm
the w hotel is beautiful! its located downtown very convenient for using the subway, and walkable to many places. its also a starwoods hotel, if you have points.

farm

Post Fri, Aug 09 2013, 3:40 pm
Sorry to hijack- how about fun things to do with the kiddies? Is the children's museum worth it? Would you recommend the tour of Fenway park?

doctorima

Post Fri, Aug 09 2013, 4:15 pm
Children's Museum was great, as was the science museum. Also the duck tours are wonderful, though not cheap. Freedom trail if you have older kids into history. Harvard's campus is beautiful to walk around, and Harvard Square outside. Going up one of the tall buildings (Prudential Center?) gives great views on a clear day. Swan boat ride in the big park (Boston Common?). Candlepin bowling can be lots of fun. The aquarium isn't bad either.

balibusta

Post Fri, Aug 09 2013, 5:17 pm
In regards to hotel best to stay by Brookline-meaning near the shuls food or by downtown near attractions..we stayed in Copley square which wasn't in either of the above places & do not recommend(just that other starwoods hotels in other locations were booked for that time).As far as attractions didn't think aquirium was worth the price & didn't feel was something great other aquiriums we've been by such as Camden aquirium we liked better..childrens museum very nice more for younger kids expensive but again not a must at all(teachers get free don't need I D)..we didn't go to science museum..duck tours nice & historical also expensive...sams brewery free very nice though toddlers can't sit through tour..swan boats didn't do but looked nice & peaceful..we didn't do freedom trial even though would've like to kids to small..quincy market is some outdoor shops to walk around..parking expensive around so subway helps but hard to get around there with double carriage alot of going down & up..we went to Chinese place in Brookline & rami's we liked both..chinese has very good much special not sure exactly till when maybe till 3...dandeals tripnotes I found helpfu...also jordon's furniture nice place..

balibusta

Post Sat, Aug 10 2013, 11:08 pm
Forgot also took ferry 2 islands something like George's island and it took us to another island-very nice
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics