Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen
DH+Kitchen=DISASTER

amother

Post Fri, Jan 19 2007, 11:35 am
My husband is a wonderful man who helps out in many, many ways. Lately he decided he wants to help out in the kitchen more. The only thing is, something always happens when he does... Either he treifs something up (happens almost EVERY time) or most recently, while rearranging the fridge to put away some food he made, he left out the milk which I found in the morning since I was asleep when it happened and there was no milk for breakfast. I can't decide what to do, my reactions have been very calm- asking him nicely to call the rav to see what to do with the items made trief, or calmly asking him to go buy more milk. But it is a little annoying to deal with. I don't want to discourage him from helping because it does save me time but I don't want to have to sit and watch him in the kitchen either because that defeats the purpose of saving my time. I sat down especially to label pretty much every item in the kitchen as milchig, fleishig or pareve but the treifing up still happens. What else can I do to get him to be more careful?

happymom

Post Fri, Jan 19 2007, 11:40 am
nothing..... be loving and hell learn Wink

mumoo

Post Fri, Jan 19 2007, 11:52 am
he'll learn IF he has to do the kashering, the buying, and needs milk in the morning. Some lessons are lost on people because they are not affected by the consequences.

ny21

Post Fri, Jan 19 2007, 11:54 am
nice creative title . Wink

Basya

Post Fri, Jan 19 2007, 11:57 am
let him do the more simple things till he catches on- ex: peeling potatoes, chopping onions etc.

frummom

Post Fri, Jan 19 2007, 11:58 am
I'd be careful with chopping the onions - that's the easiest way to make things treif!

forever

Post Fri, Jan 19 2007, 1:23 pm
I really laughed when readig the title

amother

Post Fri, Jan 19 2007, 1:50 pm
My dh doesn't volunteer in the kitchen too much , I'm overcautious, and he doesn't like to tiptoe, so it's better this way. he helps with other things. My kids are old enough to help, and they listen to my rules without getting offended.

mumoo

Post Fri, Jan 19 2007, 3:18 pm
amother wrote:
My dh doesn't volunteer in the kitchen too much , I'm overcautious, and he doesn't like to tiptoe, so it's better this way. he helps with other things. My kids are old enough to help, and they listen to my rules without getting offended.

Yeah, what's up with that? Why can't we direct dh without his getting bent out of shape? I think my dh can't be a go-along guy. He's a good in-charge of guy, tho. But I can be both, why can't he? Is it a man thing?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen