Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries
Rosenbergs in Boro Park

Mitzvahmom

Post Thu, Jan 18 2007, 9:24 am
Does anyone every go?? I need some skirts and shirts for my daughter and some pants and one of two shabbos shirts for my boys.

I got a small grant for my kids for clothing but as is with finances cannot travel to NY currently.

thanks

JMto2

Post Thu, Jan 18 2007, 1:26 pm
MM PM me.

withhumor

Post Thu, Jan 18 2007, 6:05 pm
It’s really convenient, right near me. I’d love the opportunity to help and btw, don’t you know I LOVE to shop? You may also want to try Peretz for separates at a very reasonable price.

Squash

Post Thu, Jan 18 2007, 6:20 pm
BTW, the boys pants that he sells for about $9-10 are the best quality I've ever seen. I've tried many - Lands' End... but his were the best! They're really strong!

Good luck Mitzvah Mom!

(The reason why I'm not volunteering is because I don't live very close and the stuff is downstairs. I can't go down with the two kids in the carriage and I don't fancy leaving them upstairs unattended.)

cindy324

Post Thu, Jan 18 2007, 6:43 pm
withhumor, don't you find that Peretz' stuff literally falls apart at the seams?
especially the tops. Those satiny material shirts they have, I had to literally sew them back together more than once, either under the arms or at the sides. Their skirts though hold up pretty well.

Squash

Post Thu, Jan 18 2007, 7:09 pm
cindy324 wrote:
withhumor, don't you find that Peretz' stuff literally falls apart at the seams?
especially the tops. Those satiny material shirts they have, I had to literally sew them back together more than once, either under the arms or at the sides. Their skirts though hold up pretty well.

Nothing personal, but I think this is loshon hora for no constructive purpose. Also, I bought a robe for my daughter there and it held up beautifully.

rainbow

Post Thu, Jan 18 2007, 7:29 pm
My sil sent me robes and pj's for my kids, the pj's have been worn for five years so far, and still going strong. The robes are holding up beautifully. Both the pj's and the robes have been passed down from one child to another. I had paid $5 for the pj's! Recently, I asked her to send me more of the pj's, and once again she sent me a few pairs at $5 each! Ok, these should last another 5 years....

momagain

Post Thu, Jan 18 2007, 8:50 pm
Are these items (pants, pj's, robes) referred to from Rosenberg's or Peretz? Also, where is Rosenberg's located?

lubcoralsprings

Post Thu, Jan 18 2007, 8:55 pm
I heard they have great prices.

rainbow

Post Thu, Jan 18 2007, 9:02 pm
duno where

Last edited by rainbow on Sun, Jan 03 2010, 11:21 pm; edited 1 time in total

timeout

Post Sun, Jan 21 2007, 1:06 pm
I love Rosenbergs and would love to shop for you but don't live nearby.

G'luck

ShiraMiri

Post Sun, Jan 21 2007, 1:16 pm
I was just there last Tuesday! Great prices!

sarahd

Post Sun, Jan 21 2007, 2:27 pm
Squash wrote:
cindy324 wrote:

Nothing personal, but I think this is loshon hora for no constructive purpose.

I disagree. I think it was said for the very constructive purpose of saving Mitzvahmom, who has a very limited clothing budget, from spending her money on clothes that might prove to be less durable than expected.

Squash

Post Sun, Jan 21 2007, 2:29 pm
it could've been said in a pm not in public. that's why it's important to learn hilchos shmiras haloshon. to know when and where you are required/permitted/not permitted to spread such info.

Squash

Post Sun, Jan 21 2007, 2:34 pm
momagain wrote:
Are these items (pants, pj's, robes) referred to from Rosenberg's or Peretz? Also, where is Rosenberg's located?

It's at 40th street on 13th avenue.

sarahd

Post Sun, Jan 21 2007, 2:43 pm
Squash wrote:
it could've been said in a pm not in public. that's why it's important to learn hilchos shmiras haloshon. to know when and where you are required/permitted/not permitted to spread such info.

It could also be a warning to others who might have considered shopping there, who might now ask around from a few other people before deciding to shop. Luckily, other posters gave positive recommendations, so the reader knows not to accept the negative report as 100% truth, but to investigate further. In fact, had the information been pm'ed, the recipient might just have taken the information as truth and not investigated further, whereas now she knows that there are differences of opinion as to the quality of the store's goods.

Squash

Post Mon, Jan 22 2007, 12:02 pm
sarahd wrote:
Squash wrote:

It could also be a warning to others who might have considered shopping there, who might now ask around from a few other people before deciding to shop. Luckily, other posters gave positive recommendations, so the reader knows not to accept the negative report as 100% truth, but to investigate further. In fact, had the information been pm'ed, the recipient might just have taken the information as truth and not investigated further, whereas now she knows that there are differences of opinion as to the quality of the store's goods.

I'm not so sure that is correct halachically,

lucky

Post Wed, Jan 24 2007, 2:05 pm
Quote:
BTW, the boys pants that he sells for about $9-10 are the best quality I've ever seen. I've tried many - Lands' End... but his were the best! They're really strong!

The pants are fantastic. I only have these pants for my 3 sons. He comes to Monroe weekly as "The man with the truck. But he never has the sizes that I need. Does he have all the sizes in the store?

withhumor

Post Wed, Jan 24 2007, 2:07 pm
Yes, the store is fully stocked. My advice? Call in your ‘order’ on the phone, and PAY for it too. tell them to bring it to you when they come next time, you’ll come get it from the truck. The number is 718-853-5832
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries