Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry
Sippy cups have a smell

shirtsandskirts

Post Tue, Sep 17 2013, 7:56 am
My sippy cups all seem to hold onto a smell after being washed. on some of them the top plastic part smells terribly too. How can I get rid of the smell and how can I get them not to smell after being washed.

alef12

Post Tue, Sep 17 2013, 8:03 am
Soak them in a very weak bleach solution (a Tbspn or two of bleach to a gallon of water) for half an hour. Then rinse well with hot soapy water.

greenfire

Post Tue, Sep 17 2013, 8:29 am
soak them in baking soda ... then do not let them sit & rot after use by washing them straight away

seeker

Post Tue, Sep 17 2013, 8:31 am
Some cups have this issue more than others. I find the Nuk ones are best at not holding a smell. I also try to keep juice and water cups separate. The water ones don't get as smelly and the juice ones the flavor of the juice masks it. Gross, I know, but thus is life when kids get wise enough to demand juice Tongue Out

Oh, and I never serve milk in sippy cups. That has to be the worst offender. Big girl cups at the table only.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry