Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
I need help planning a family trip to NYC after Thanksgiving

amother

Post Mon, Sep 30 2013, 7:46 am
Iy"h we are planning a short trip to the NYC area over Hannukah, the week after Thanksgiving. We will be taking the kids to see the neighborhoods our families came from and we will be sightseeing and doing some shopping too. We don't necessarily have to stay in Manhattan, even though most of the tourist destinations are there, since from what I've seen hotel rates are exorbitant there at this time of year. We need 2 hotel rooms or a suite. We were thinking perhaps about hotels in Brooklyn. Any advice on where to stay or even names of decent budget hotels?
Thanks for your advice.

doctorima

Post Mon, Sep 30 2013, 10:52 am
Nothing in NYC is going to be cheap that time of year, and two rooms or a suite will only cost more, though Brooklyn will be cheaper than the city. How much are you looking to spend per night total?

amother

Post Mon, Sep 30 2013, 11:06 am
doctorima wrote:
Nothing in NYC is going to be cheap that time of year, and two rooms or a suite will only cost more, though Brooklyn will be cheaper than the city. How much are you looking to spend per night total?

We do not want to go over $300 per night (for both rooms). We would need 3-4 nights. Would it make sense to try to sublease an apt. from one of those rental sites? We are 2 adults and 3 teens.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics