Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Should I think there is a problem? Something to check out?

amother

Post Wed, Oct 02 2013, 1:27 pm
The child in question is 5. DC had one night last week where DC threw up a few times. Then it passed. Then a few nights after that DC woke to make a BM. That never happened before. The following night, or one night after that DC woke again, in the middle of the night, almost morning time, to make a BM. Tonight said DC woke complaining of soar private parts and then realized that DC's underwear were full of BM. Everything is better now and said DC has been tucked back into bed, but I was wondering, is this something that I should have checked out? I mean, the waking in the middle of the night to make a BM? Is that even normal? Also, not even realizing that they made in their drawers.
This child has been toilet trained for the night for about a year and a half now, so this is coming out of left field.

amother

Post Wed, Oct 02 2013, 2:35 pm
bump

FranticFrummie

Post Wed, Oct 02 2013, 2:37 pm
Could be a flu virus. It's that time of year, and it can easily throw a kid's night training out of whack. Even after the virus passes, it can take a while for the kid to get back to normal.

amother

Post Wed, Oct 02 2013, 2:41 pm
FranticFrummie wrote:
Could be a flu virus. It's that time of year, and it can easily throw a kid's night training out of whack. Even after the virus passes, it can take a while for the kid to get back to normal.
What do you mean by night training? This DC has been trained for over a year. And it is not urine, but bowel movements that are happening at night.

And nothing is happening during the day, just at night.

myself

Post Wed, Oct 02 2013, 2:45 pm
I would assume it's a stomach virus and wait another few days. Recently there's been a stomach virus going around and surprisingly it took longer than the usual 24-48 hours to run its course.

amother

Post Wed, Oct 02 2013, 4:24 pm
I just got over the last of the stomach bug that hit me Saturday morning--anonymous because I'm a grown-up and I soiled my bed, and then an adult diaper for several days.

And I'm toilet trained!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics