Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Redness around 5 yr old's backside

amother

Post Mon, Oct 14 2013, 12:02 am
5 yr old dd still needs me to wipe her after she has a bm. I recently noticed the area looked red, but kind of ignored it since she didnt seem uncomfortable when I wiped her or any other time either. however, it has not gone away. I noticed it again today and looked closely. it's almost like a sore right outside the hole. again, she doesnt flinch at all when I wipe her. I have never seen her scratch and she has no problems going to the bathroom. should I be concerned? I dont want to run to the doctor for nothing especially since she would feel extremely uncomfortable being checked there.
what do u think?

gold21

Post Mon, Oct 14 2013, 12:44 am
It could be a bacterial infection. A tiny scratch in that area from wiping after using the bathroom can get infected. It happened to my son. So I applied Bactroban to the area and it went away. :-)

Otherwise, I would think maybe it could come from her itching the area due to pinworms? The remedy for pinworms is some over-the-counter medication. My kids never had this B"H, but when I brought my son to the doc for the bacterial infection I mentioned before, the doc mentioned pinworms as a possible cause- but it turned out to be bacterial.

amother

Post Mon, Oct 14 2013, 4:59 am
had simular situation with my DSs. I realized that I purchased a new brand of flushable wipes and I think my boys were sensative to it.

amother

Post Mon, Oct 14 2013, 8:54 am
Thanks for the replies!

She is not itching at all - she doesn't even know that anything is not the norm over there. So I am assuming pinworms are out, unless it's possible to have it without the discomfort or itching?

Actually I did recently start using flushable wipes! I'm wondering if that could be the cause like the last poster said. Thank you! I'm going to try switching back to tissues and see if that makes a difference.

amother

Post Mon, Oct 14 2013, 9:06 am
You can put diaper rash cream, like the kind you would put on a baby, on it- somethings irritating her skin and the cream will soothe it.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics