Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene
Sanguine - My New Name

Sanguine

Post Mon, Oct 14 2013, 12:49 pm
Sanguine

What does it mean? Why did I choose it as my name?

Liba recommended the name optimist to me – I am an optimist but not everyone likes an optimist – They think I’m unrealistic so they ignore my advice. So I looked in a thesaurus and found Sanguine (never heard the word before in my life) and found so many meanings for that word

1 - Optimist, confident and hopeful, cheery, bullish (bullish?)
2- Red – blood color – bloodthirsty
Synonyms
bloody, bloody-minded, homicidal, murdering, murderous, sanguinary, bloodthirsty, sanguineous
(definition #2 isn't that good)

I looked it up and found a great list of character traits that a Sanguine person has – I must be some of these (I hope the good ones)

1. Is self-composed, seldom shows signs of embarrassment, perhaps forward or bold.
2. Is eager to express himself before a group; likes to be heard.
3. Prefers group activities; work or play; not easily satisfied with individual projects.
4. Is not insistent upon acceptance of his ideas or plans; agrees readily with others' wishes; compliant and yielding.
5. Is good in details; prefers activities requiring pep and energy.
6. Is impetuous and impulsive; his decisions are often (usually) wrong.
7. Is keenly alive to environment, physical and social; likes curiosity.
8. Tends to take success for granted. Is a follower; lacks initiative.
9. Is hearty and cordial, even to strangers; forms acquaintanceship easily.
10. Tends to elation of spirit; not given to worry and anxiety; is carefree.
11. Seeks wide and broad range of friendships; is not selective; not exclusive in games.
12. Is quick and decisive in movements; pronounced or excessive energy output.
13. Turns from one activity to another in rapid succession; little perseverance.
14. Makes adjustments easily; welcomes changes; makes the best appearance possible.
15. Is frank, talkable, sociable, emotions readily expressed; does not stand on ceremony.
16. Has frequent fluctuations of mood; tends to frequent alterations of elation and depression

So now I can say anything on this forum and you’ll understand (“Don’t get mad at her… She can’t help it, she has a Sanguine personaliy’)

BTW - I'm an optimist but I'm really not sanguine (maybe bullish)

OK – who’s next in analyzing their name??

PS – To be honest, I didn’t read the whole list. That’s cause I’m Sanguine (see the beginning of #6)

jerusalem-girl

Post Mon, Oct 14 2013, 12:54 pm
Titchadshi!

Ruchel

Post Mon, Oct 14 2013, 12:58 pm
Sanguine in French means prone to anger

Sanguine

Post Mon, Oct 14 2013, 1:02 pm
Ruchel wrote:
Sanguine in French means prone to anger

That must be this definition

Quote:
Synonyms
bloody, bloody-minded, homicidal, murdering, murderous, sanguinary, bloodthirsty, sanguineous

red sea

Post Mon, Oct 14 2013, 1:09 pm
Sanguine wrote:
Sanguine

What does it mean? Why did I choose it as my name?

Liba recommended the name optimist to me – I am an optimist but not everyone likes an optimist – They think I’m unrealistic so they ignore my advice. So I looked in a thesaurus and found Sanguine (never heard the word before in my life) and found so many meanings for that word

1 - Optimist, confident and hopeful, cheery, bullish (bullish?)
Synonyms
(definition #2 isn't that good)

I looked it up and found a great list of character traits that a Sanguine person has – I must be some of these (I hope the good ones)

1. Is self-composed, seldom shows signs of embarrassment, perhaps forward or bold.
2. Is eager to express himself before a group; likes to be heard.
3. Prefers group activities; work or play; not easily satisfied with individual projects.
4. Is not insistent upon acceptance of his ideas or plans; agrees readily with others' wishes; compliant and yielding.
5. Is good in details; prefers activities requiring pep and energy.
6. Is impetuous and impulsive; his decisions are often (usually) wrong.
7. Is keenly alive to environment, physical and social; likes curiosity.
8. Tends to take success for granted. Is a follower; lacks initiative.
9. Is hearty and cordial, even to strangers; forms acquaintanceship easily.
10. Tends to elation of spirit; not given to worry and anxiety; is carefree.
11. Seeks wide and broad range of friendships; is not selective; not exclusive in games.
12. Is quick and decisive in movements; pronounced or excessive energy output.
13. Turns from one activity to another in rapid succession; little perseverance.
14. Makes adjustments easily; welcomes changes; makes the best appearance possible.
15. Is frank, talkable, sociable, emotions readily expressed; does not stand on ceremony.
16. Has frequent fluctuations of mood; tends to frequent alterations of elation and depression

So now I can say anything on this forum and you’ll understand (“Don’t get mad at her… She can’t help it, she has a Sanguine personaliy’)

BTW - I'm an optimist but I'm really not sanguine (maybe bullish)

OK – who’s next in analyzing their name??

PS – To be honest, I didn’t read the whole list. That’s cause I’m Sanguine (see the beginning of #6)

Who are you? I just couldn't resist asking since you see to assume that people can figure out your old self Smile

rae gi

Post Mon, Oct 14 2013, 1:14 pm
Are you telling us you are without guine? Wink

( I know the word is sans). Wink

Sanguine

Post Mon, Oct 14 2013, 1:15 pm
red sea wrote:
Who are you? I just couldn't resist asking since you see to assume that people can figure out your old self Smile

There was just a post - "looking for a new name" - won't help cause all the posts there now have my new name on them (if you switch name or Avatar it updates all past posts). I didn't ChangeMyAvatar so you should recognize me - that's a hint.

Sanguine

Post Mon, Oct 14 2013, 1:18 pm
rae gi wrote:
Are you telling us you are without guine? Wink

I better look up guine - maybe I need it (and I don't think you can sans without an "S")

rae gi

Post Mon, Oct 14 2013, 1:21 pm
Oui. Je suis d'accord.

red sea

Post Mon, Oct 14 2013, 1:22 pm
Sanguine wrote:
red sea wrote:

There was just a post - "looking for a new name" - won't help cause all the posts there now have my new name on them (if you switch name or Avatar it updates all past posts). I didn't ChangeMyAvatar so you should recognize me - that's a hint.

Oh goodness, I guess we have to start all over and build from the ground up like we just met Smile Enjoy the new name!

greenfire

Post Mon, Oct 14 2013, 1:38 pm
sounds like a optimistically buoyant change

mazel tov Cheers לחיים

Sanguine

Post Mon, Oct 14 2013, 1:46 pm
rae gi wrote:
Oui. Je suis d'accord.

Yes. I agree (good ol Google Translate

Sanguine

Post Mon, Oct 14 2013, 1:50 pm
red sea wrote:
Sanguine wrote:
red sea wrote:

Oh goodness, I guess we have to start all over and build from the ground up like we just met Smile Enjoy the new name!

Easy for you - I just posted 16 of my character traits

Sanguine

Post Mon, Oct 14 2013, 2:04 pm
greenfire wrote:
sounds like a optimistically buoyant change

mazel tov Cheers לחיים

Love the moving SIGN

Beyla

Post Mon, Oct 14 2013, 2:30 pm
Nice name! Makes me think about a fruit!

rainbow dash

Post Mon, Oct 14 2013, 2:33 pm
Lets make a kiddish. Ill bring the cake Smile
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics