Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Miscellaneous
Research Study on International Adoption

butterfliez

Post Sun, Oct 13 2013, 7:45 am
Hi,

So, here it goes: I am a Ph.D. candidate in sociology, and I am writing my dissertation about families in the United States who have adopted a child from another country in the last 10 years. My research is looking at how families deal with all the complexity surrounding international adoption, particularly since so much has changed in the last decade. I am recruiting a large and diverse sample of families, and I'm asking the parent(s) to participate in a 90 minute interview with me. (My study does not involve any contact with children). I was just wondering if there weren't a couple of amothers out there with experiences that they'd like to share? I would truly be beyond appreciative. And, so you know, I am "for real," my project is approved by the Institutional Review Board at my university, and I will provide full contact information for the Office of Human Subjects Protection and my primary academic advisor if we proceed to the interview stage. My top priority is to protect the confidentiality of those who participate in my study.

I would prefer to conduct interviews in person, and I can travel throughout the NY/NJ area and New England at your convenience if you would like to participate. I will also be scheduling a research trip to the Washington DC/Baltimore area in January or February, so I am trying to cluster any interviews in DC/Baltimore together. Interviews could take place in your home, at a Starbucks, or in any other place that's convenient for you. Again, the only eligibility criteria here is that you live in the Northeast U.S., and that you adopted your child, children, or one or more of your children from another country in the last 10 years.

If you would be interested in participating, please PM me! I would be happy to answer any questions about my study, and, of course, I'll provide you with my real name, email, and phone number. Thank you so much, in advance, for your consideration!

smilingmom

Post Sun, Oct 13 2013, 8:07 am
hatzlacha on your research

butterfliez

Post Tue, Oct 15 2013, 10:30 am
Thanks, smilingmom. Smile I hope nobody minds that I just bump this up one or two more times...
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics