Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women
After a decade of office jobs I finally realized I hate them

luvtocook

Post Wed, Oct 16 2013, 11:05 am
So I finally realized why I have been going from office job to job and that's because I can't stnd working in an office. I find it to be boring, stuffy, Unstimulating ... So now I want to work in a fun ppl friendly environment. I want to be able to meet new ppl and be able to bring out my creative side. I live in brooklyn and prefer to work prt time but I can work full time if he job pays enough for me to get a housekeeper for the late afternoon to take my kid off the bus. Anyone have any ideas for me?? Any leads?? I'm starting to go nuts from being home all day raaaaaa thanks!!!!

gold21

Post Wed, Oct 16 2013, 11:29 am
Can you go back to school and get a college degree?

gp2.0

Post Wed, Oct 16 2013, 12:14 pm
What about working in sales, like in a jewelry store, dresses, accessories etc. You get to talk to new people every day and use your creativity to arrange stock, display windows, suggest items for people to buy, etc.

TwinsMommy

Post Wed, Oct 16 2013, 12:26 pm
I would still love to work with you if you want to work from home and make more money per hour. some people need to get out of the house-- but if you HATE what you're doing, why NOT work for yourself?

Batyah85

Post Wed, Oct 16 2013, 12:35 pm
What about working in a school? I had the same issue and find working in a school environment a blast! Since it he year has already begun- maybe try getting on sub lists at local schools if you are interested. Or- since your Username is luvtocook- why not start a catering business and make yummy foods to enhance pls shabbos tables? And u could even deliver.... Good luck Smile

TwinsMommy

Post Wed, Oct 16 2013, 1:17 pm
working in a school generally doesn't pay much, if that's an issue. My husband does it. He's happy though.

Catering---- I think it's very very tough in most states to get permission to get the proper certifications to work at home without installing a separate commercial kitchen and if you can't get the state on board you can't get a hecksher (which is generally expensive) - I think that holds a lot of people back from catering and people end up selling food from their home in illegal ways which, if they get caught, is very serious. But the cottage food laws aren't as strict I think and you can sell properly labelled food from your home kitchen and get a hecksher that way in some places. but that's not catering. but if you love to cook that's a fun option (VERY tough work though--- I wonder how much you end up making per hour doing that sort of thing?).

amother

Post Wed, Oct 16 2013, 1:33 pm
I felt exactly the same way. After approximately 7 office jobs within 9 years, I realized it's time to admit office work isn't for me. I'm not organized enough, on the ball enough, etc.
I got a job in my girls' school working as a preschool assistant. Though the pay was pathetic, the tuition break they gave all the staff members made it worthwhile monetarily. It was an easygoing, social atmosphere, plus I was on the same schedule as my kids. I left that job only because we moved out of state, and I still miss it.

Dolly Welsh

Post Wed, Oct 16 2013, 10:54 pm
You might like working in a public-contact job in a bank. Being one of the people who open accounts.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics