Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Finances
Whats market value of 30 y.o. 3 family house in heart of BP?
1  2  Next

amother

Post Tue, Oct 22 2013, 4:12 pm
They built them mostly in 3 widths.

In your opinion,

Whats the market value of 20 foot wide, 3 family house in heart of BP, thats 30 y.o. (usually on a 20 foot wide property, no driveway) _____________________________________

Whats the market value of 25 foot wide, 3 family house in heart of BP, thats 30 y.o. (usually on a 25 foot wide property, no driveway) _____________________________________

Whats the market value of 30 foot wide, 3 family house in heart of BP, thats 30 y.o. (usually on a 40 foot wide property, usually with driveway) ___________________________

doctorima

Post Tue, Oct 22 2013, 4:52 pm
So much depends on the condition of it. Have you checked with a local realtor?

grace413

Post Tue, Oct 22 2013, 4:54 pm
www.zillow.com

amother

Post Tue, Oct 22 2013, 5:04 pm
doctorima wrote:
So much depends on the condition of it.
Yes, but theres a median/range....

Fabulous

Post Tue, Oct 22 2013, 5:24 pm
Depending on the condition.

The first one and second have similar values. Probably close to 1.2, depending on how long it is and many bedrooms and bathrooms in each and condition.

the 30 foot plus driveway makes it more valuable. Probably closer to 1.3 or 4 depending on how long and etc...

amother

Post Tue, Oct 22 2013, 5:26 pm
grace413 wrote:
www.zillow.com
Zillow has no houses listed in the heart of BP. I just checked. What they do have, is an old 2 family in the 9th avenue area with a $1.7 asking price. You cant get any info there. BP real estate has its own set of facts.

oliveoil

Post Tue, Oct 22 2013, 8:18 pm
It depends hugely on the upkeep.

amother

Post Tue, Oct 22 2013, 9:10 pm
In bp upkeep is a minimal factor the lowest you'll start at is 1.2 mil upkeep will raise upwards from there on....

Fabulous

Post Tue, Oct 22 2013, 9:13 pm
amother, I don't agree. I know a few 3 family houses that recently sold for around 1 million mark.

amother

Post Tue, Oct 22 2013, 10:32 pm
Fabulous wrote:
amother, I don't agree. I know a few 3 family houses that recently sold for around 1 million mark.
In the heart of BP? No way. If you know of other 3 fam houses for sale at $1m, I have a list of people whod grab them, sight unseen.

amother

Post Tue, Oct 22 2013, 11:55 pm
MODS:
Madua ain shum privacy l' Finance threads?

Zeh lo tov she kol echod b’aolam yachol likro es zeh. Rak achshav ra’isi es ha “thread” hazeh b Google. Lo Tov. Yesh yoser m’dai sinah v kinah, v'anti--------, anachnu lo tzrichim yoser. Zeh lo tov She kol echad yachol likroh es ha'Finances threads!!!!! Mah choshvim Hamods? Dvarim lo tovim yotzim mi’zeh. Zeh m'od lo matzchik. Madua lo choshvim she'yesh threads she haim tzrichim li'hiyos private? Me'od lo tov.

doctorima

Post Wed, Oct 23 2013, 12:32 am
amother wrote:
MODS:

Zeh lo tov she kol echod b’aolam yachol likro es zeh. Rak achshav ra’isi es ha “thread” hazeh b Google. Lo Tov. Yesh yoser m’dai sinah v kinah, v'anti--------, anachnu lo tzrichim yoser. Zeh lo tov She kol echad yachol likroh es ha'Finances threads!!!!! Mah choshvim Hamods? Dvarim lo tovim yotzim mi’zeh. Zeh m'od lo matzchik. Madua lo choshvim she'yesh threads she haim tzrichim li'hiyos private? Me'od lo tov.

I guess I'm just naive, but what am I missing here that's so top secret and hush hush about the price of houses in a neighborhood in Brooklyn?

amother

Post Wed, Oct 23 2013, 12:44 am
doctorima wrote:
I guess I'm just naive, but what am I missing here that's so top secret and hush hush about the price of houses in a neighborhood in Brooklyn?

1. See median price of homes in USA (way under $200,000.):

http://www.statisticbrain.com/.....rice/

2. Do people stand to lose or to gain by being public about things of this sort?

Is the site called Imamother or Imadontseepastmynose, Imcareless, Imabraggard or Imanidiot? Which one?

I think the site has to guard us a bit from innocents making TMI public on certain topics.

amother

Post Wed, Oct 23 2013, 1:40 am
I don't care about making things public. I want to know how in the world frum people can afford $1mil+ home when I'm struggling buying a $300,000 home!

grace413

Post Wed, Oct 23 2013, 2:44 am
amother wrote:
doctorima wrote:

1. See median price of homes in USA (way under $200,000.):

http://www.statisticbrain.com/.....rice/

2. Do people stand to lose or to gain by being public about things of this sort?

Is the site called Imamother or Imadontseepastmynose, Imcareless, Imabraggard or Imanidiot? Which one?

I think the site has to guard us a bit from innocents making TMI public on certain topics.

I think it's obvious that the price of houses in Nowheresville, Montana has nothing to do with the price of houses in New York. A better comparison would be median prices of homes in Brooklyn. Last I heard people of many religions and ethnicities live in Brooklyn.

ray family

Post Wed, Oct 23 2013, 4:20 am
amother wrote:
MODS:

I'm liking this post cuz it made me laugh.
sorry op

Rubber Ducky

Post Wed, Oct 23 2013, 8:02 am
amother wrote:
I don't care about making things public. I want to know how in the world frum people can afford $1mil+ home when I'm struggling buying a $300,000 home!

In this case it's a 3-family home, so the rent from the other 2 units helps make the payments.

amother

Post Wed, Oct 23 2013, 8:17 am
LOL LOL LOL IRL nobody says "madua" LOL LOL LOL

amother

Post Wed, Oct 23 2013, 9:46 am
amother wrote:
I don't care about making things public.
Even if you or your kids get harmed as a result? Hmmmmm.

amother wrote:
I want to know how in the world frum people can afford $1mil+ home when I'm struggling buying a $300,000 home!
Not everyone. Only successful businesspeople and their kids. The larger percentage in BP cant afford it. Hence the problem and the reason some move. Lakewood, for one, is starting to bustle with Chassidish shuls, and homes with front lawns and space start at $250,000.

Barbara

Post Wed, Oct 23 2013, 9:59 am
doctorima wrote:
amother wrote:
MODS:

ACRIS has the price of every building (and condo/coop) in NYC, so its hardly a secret.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics