Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Teenagers and Older children
Info on Rinas Bais Yaakov in Edison, NJ

amother

Post Thu, Oct 24 2013, 10:27 am
Does anyone have an information on Rinas Bais Yaakov in Edison, NJ? What are the girls like? What is the education like? Thank you!

smiledr

Post Thu, Oct 24 2013, 1:38 pm
Rinas has a great rep bec the girls that go they are a great mix of smart and frum and warm. Edison is kinda oot without being too oot - I know that sounds funny but that's how I describe it (I live there) the girls are not overly materialistic and not as judgemental. The education is solid. There are girls that come from diff parts of nj and even monsey, some girls dorm in the area. It's a bais yaakov type school.

amother
cornflower

Post Thu, Oct 24 2013, 2:45 pm
I used to teach there before I moved away, and I LOOOOOVE that school.

I think they're very balanced, and like smiledr said, smart and warm and OOT-ish while still pretty mainstream, going on to seminaries like BJJ, Bnos Sarah, etc.

The principals are truly dedicated to making it the best possible school it can be. Teacher feedback was very appreciated, and the principals are very in touch with the girls.

I taught music history (I'm totally outing myself now Wink), which is pretty rare for a yeshivish school, so you can see they're interested in academic/artistic enrichment, and not just limudei chol for government regulations or basic life skills.

Last edited by amother on Tue, May 25 2021, 10:48 pm; edited 1 time in total

singingintherain

Post Thu, Oct 24 2013, 4:21 pm
My sister went there for High School and LOVED IT!!! I was always a little bit jealous of her because it seemed like she was having so much fun!! What I got out of it from her was since its a small school, each girl is important and has a chance to shine. My sister is more of the reserved quiet type, but she still managed play important roles, something she wouldn't have been able to do in a bigger school. I think it is pretty academic though, but the teachers were amazing and really cared about them. I met a lot of her friends and they are all so sweet and nice and down to earth and so out of town. She was also able to get into a great seminary. The school also placed my sister with a family to board by and they were like her second family.

yo'ma

Post Thu, Oct 24 2013, 5:28 pm
My nieces go and went there. They seem to like it. They are very sweet bais yaakov girls. They live in highland park so it's perfect for them.

imato5

Post Thu, Oct 24 2013, 5:55 pm
any girls from lakewood go there>

LoveMy2Kids

Post Thu, Oct 24 2013, 6:09 pm
I was told that they accept very few girls from outside of the community. At this point, they have almost a full ninth grade just from the local eighth graders.

mommy43

Post Wed, Jan 27 2016, 11:12 am
does anyone know if there are any Lakewood girls in this school now or teachers from Lakewood that commute back and forth?

chocolatecake

Post Wed, Jan 27 2016, 11:19 am
My cousin married a girl from Edison who went to Rinas and only has the nicest things to say about the school. It sounds like a regular mainstream oot Bais Yaakov with a very healthy mix of girls. She said they really do not like to take in girls from outside of the community especially Lakewood because they dont want to become the school where other schools problems go to and they are basically filled from local girls.

amother
Babyblue

Post Thu, Jan 07 2021, 7:33 pm
Can someone update info on Rinas BY?
I'm curious about hashkafa, attitude to college,, academics compared to other schools like bruriah, machon ora, naaleh, Manhattan, yhsq? smartphone policies, etc
Thanks!

amother
Cyan

Post Wed, Mar 17 2021, 12:47 am
bump

We're considering moving into the community, and I'm looking for up to date general info on the school.

Riffy

Post Tue, May 25 2021, 10:35 pm
amother [ Cyan ] wrote:
bump

We're considering moving into the community, and I'm looking for up to date general info on the school.

Sure, PM me

amother
Cerise

Post Wed, Mar 08 2023, 9:19 pm
Bump

amother
Yarrow

Post Wed, Mar 08 2023, 10:36 pm
I can verify that everything posted above is still accurate. Warm, oot BY with excellent academics (both kodesh and chol), lovely girls from the local community plus Staten Island and Passaic (bused in).

amother
Wheat

Post Thu, Mar 09 2023, 12:02 am
amother Yarrow wrote:
I can verify that everything posted above is still accurate. Warm, oot BY with excellent academics (both kodesh and chol), lovely girls from the local community plus Staten Island and Passaic (bused in).

Yep, this. They're very good with differentiating the academics too, with different levels and support.

amother
SandyBrown

Post Thu, Mar 09 2023, 6:48 am
Just a quick point about them - if you don’t live in Edison/Highland Park it can be difficult to get in. They are a small school and want to stay that way so they do not have much room for girls from outside the community. Many great girls from dds class did not get in due to space (only siblings got in)
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Teenagers and Older children