Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Our Challenging Children (gifted, ADHD, sensitive, defiant)
For parents of children with ADHD

amother

Post Tue, Sep 24 2013, 3:05 pm
If your child was diagnosed with ADHD, was that child a very difficult infant/toddler. My baby does not stop ALL DAY! Does not sit still at all. Ever. Unless this child is sleeping. I am wondering if anyone else has seen a correlation.

amother

Post Tue, Sep 24 2013, 3:33 pm
My ADHD child was the most challenging baby. He was very hard to comfort though I didn't stop trying. My other ADD child was an easy baby except when he was sick. Another otherwise unADD child was incredibly hard.

So I'm not sure if there's a corrolation.

amother

Post Tue, Sep 24 2013, 4:47 pm
My son has ADHD. As a baby we called him "The Blob" because he just sat there all day. His twin was very active and hardly napped. No correlation at all.

amother

Post Tue, Sep 24 2013, 5:04 pm
I have 2 with ADHD! They were both diagnosed when they were little thru dozing. My first one was a little older about 3 was a great baby but as toddler that was all over the place at 5 he was diagnosed by a dr. My second ADHD child was also diagnosed thru dozing at12month I could not stop him and he was a great baby to! I think the good babies are bad toddler! We gota count our blessings😊

imasinger

Post Tue, Sep 24 2013, 5:56 pm
At the moment, we do not have reliable brain scanning procedures or information that will enable us to know about ADHD. It is diagnosed based on reports of certain behaviors and kinds of behaviors from two or three unrelated reporters.

It cannot be diagnosed in infants. Nor toddlers, for sure, though you might get some inklings early on.

The most common treatment, medication, can't be given too early in life. Other treatments, like setting good structure, will benefit any child, ADHD or not.

You will risk judging your baby negatively and causing bad feelings if you make assumptions that are untrue, so you have to be very careful.

For now, why not assume you have a particularly bright child who is working hard to master new skills, and see what develops?

amother

Post Tue, Sep 24 2013, 6:15 pm
OP here-

ADHD runs in my family and I already have 1 dc diagnosed with ADHD. The dc that was diagnosed with ADHD was a very difficult baby -colicky, fussy, and mischievous. Now my baby reminds me of that other child, just even more active. Yes, I am worried.

amother

Post Tue, Sep 24 2013, 6:22 pm
amother wrote:
I have 2 with ADHD! They were both diagnosed when they were little thru dozing. My first one was a little older about 3 was a great baby but as toddler that was all over the place at 5 he was diagnosed by a dr. My second ADHD child was also diagnosed thru dozing at12month I could not stop him and he was a great baby to! I think the good babies are bad toddler! We gota count our blessings😊

What does "through dozing" mean? Also, did you say your dc was diagnosed at 1 yr old? I thought children are diagnosed between 7-12.

amother

Post Tue, Sep 24 2013, 9:08 pm
I went to kinesiology! My dc1 was diagnosed at 5! My dc2 was not diagnosed by dr. But a good diet helped he is much better now! And I can definitely say I see a did difference with dc1and dc2 I started a diet with dc2 at 15 month and I have a easier time with him then dc1 he was 3 when I first put him on this diet and its harder to get it out of his body! I never gave medication I am treating it with vitamins and homeopathic remadies!

CU

Post Tue, Oct 29 2013, 3:46 am
My son has adhd and was an impossible baby! Never slept, cried all day etc...
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Our Challenging Children (gifted, ADHD, sensitive, defiant)